PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding gums and chronic bad breath

MVP123
28-07-11, 08:18
Can anyone help me before I google and scare myself shitless! Iknow these arnt anxiety symptoms, but obviously my anxiety is making me think the worse. I have had bleeding gums for over 5 years now and I suppose I just got used to it. But now I have had bad breath for like a year and do everything to try and mask it, but its really knocking my confidence and ability to talk to people. Now I know its unlikely that I have anything like gum disease, as my gums and teeth seem in perfect condition and I don't suffer any pain. Just wondering if anyone had suffered this and can offer any advice. I haven't been to a dentist for more than 10 years, but I am going to get an appt, maybe for tonight if I can. Xxxxx

paula lynne
28-07-11, 09:45
Hi, it could be Gingivitis...bad breath and bleeding gums are common with this, my friend has it. Shes been using Corsodyl mouthwash for a few monthes now and both symptoms have improved dramatically. You can buy it off the shelf in the supermarket, and while its around a fiver, it lasts a while. Use it everyday and you should see an improvement soon. Going to your dentist for a definate diagnosis is the best way to go though. Paula x

amandaj
28-07-11, 10:02
hi ive got corsodyl mouth wash form the dentist but you can buy it at tescos its excellent give it a go and def no googling lol xx

Groundhog
28-07-11, 10:24
Hi
Agree with the above corsodyl is the way to go, it is very likely what your dentist will recommend anyway. That said you don’t need me to tell you to keep that appointment, sounds to me you may have a major plaque problem, this can cause bad breath and bleeding gums. OK after ten years you may need a small filling or two but I bet a visit to the hygienist for a thorough scrape and clean combined with corsodyl for a week will sort given problem. :)

MVP123
28-07-11, 16:41
Thanx for your replies guys, I really appreciate it. I don't usually take much notice of my mouth stuff, I brush everyday and have some normal mouthwash, so I just presume that's enough. Anyway have booked an appt at the dentist for Monday, but while I was browsing different dentist websites, I saw things about oral cancer, and now guess what? Yeah that's it, that's what I may have, I have got a sore throat now as well, prob just a bit of a summer cold, but u know how us ha sufferers interprete anything new going on in our bodies, just wanting to get back to normal, and with some nice white polished teeth :D

eight days a week
28-07-11, 20:33
It's not oral cancer, it's not seeing the dentist and having your teeth properly cleaned!

Make sure you pay for a proper session with a hygienist rather than let your dentist fob you off with a quick scale and polish lasting all of five minutes. A hygienist at the practice will give your gnashers a proper going over - it's a bit expensive but well worth it - and after a course of Corsodyl hopefully all will be well again :)

Geoff2301
28-07-11, 22:20
they used to reckon you should have a routine dental checkup every 6 months........ its no wonder you're having trouble!!

Horse
29-07-11, 00:18
I have bleeding gums. The strange thing is that I visit the dentist every 3 months being as I have overcrowding as far as teeth are concerned and therefore he can clean the places I can't reach. He told me some time ago that I have receeding gums which can be another cause. Now I'm going through a stage whereby one particular tooth will bleed as soon as I eat cheese! I floss and clean them twice a day so once your visit to the dentist is over you will probablyfind that your problem may clear up. Again, I recommend Corsodyl as a daily mouthwash.

Horse.

nomorepanic
29-07-11, 01:00
they used to reckon you should have a routine dental checkup every 6 months........ its no wonder you're having trouble!!

That used to be true but not now. I go every 9-10 months now.