PDA

View Full Version : Panic free??????

Brownie
05-04-04, 22:33
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone comes out of all this suffering panic free??? Am i going to feel this way for the rest of my life?? I dont understand why all of this panic and anxiety came back!! I had my first attack when i was 7 years old and i had no panic for years just minor anxiety but this past november panic hit me one morning full force and i havent been the same since! Will I ever be """Normal""" again???? Panic free?

-Christie[:I]

brill
06-04-04, 00:27
Hi christie sorry I don,t know the answer but if you find out how to beat panic Please,PLEASE tell me.And I am so sorry to hear about your panic comming back it must be so hard to deal with the fact that you have beatten it once then it comes back to haunt you again.
Is there anything different in your life that mey have caused it.

I hope you get over your problems very soon Christie. ((((hugs)))

Brill :)

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

PinkLady
06-04-04, 00:29
I just came back from a visit with a new Physicolist - spelled wrong.
She says once you make up your mind and find your inner strength this will help.
Think of your panic and then think of the ocean with the ripple effect, this is how we deal with it. Reach inside yourself down to the bottom of the ocean where everything is calm.
We usually say to our self I wish I could overcome this or I want to be normal as if we have no control or we are on the outside looking in. I hope this helps, it helped me today.

We can be normal but it takes time and we need to condition our minds to do so.
Trina

Trina

Brownie
06-04-04, 03:07
Hi Trina,

That seems like a really good teqnique to try thanks a lot good to see you have a good phicologist(there hard to find lol. And Brill If I figure out the answer you'll be the first to know lol:)

Thanks guysxxx

-Christie[:I]

kate
06-04-04, 09:21
Hiya Christie,

My anxiety and depression have also varied over the last 20 plus years.

When the children were little, I was a lot better. Don't think I had time really to keep analising my feelings!

The last 4 years or so have, however, been my most anxious yet.

It also keeps presenting itself in different ways ie shifting the anxiety to new feelings and new place.Does that make sense??

I do think that it CAN be overcome but it takes a lot of very hard work and many backward steps.

CBT is excellent but you have to stick with it and be totally committed to getting well.

Not easy when your mood is so low and you feel that you have no fight left.

Still, we keep on going!!!

Take care

Kate x

Meg
06-04-04, 10:27
Dear Christie,

I am now panic free and have been for quite some time.

I lead the life I used to before any of this started. I occassionally get minor wobbles. I don't much like getting stuck on the motorway in traffic or snow for more than 2 hours but I can do both these now without any issues.

I get unwanted obsessional thoughts occassionally and have to use skills to push them away.

I drive up and down the country for a job, I manage a team of nurses. I deliver national training and visit clients.
I fly alone and go on holiday again.

What don't I do ?
I don't think I would want to skydive any more - which I did want to at one point. I don't think I would want to travel for months on end by myself, backpacking any more .

I used to scuba dive a lot and would like to return to that but would pick my resort and have some private lessons first rather than 'anything will do' as I used to do.

I do still take Vit B and Omega 3 sometimes, I am careful I don't overload myself, if I'm legitimately stressed I go to Yoga for a few weeks. I still have my emergency kit in the car somewhere but I've given away bits over the months and that doesn't bother me.

I don't know whether you would classify this as being cured but it's good for me.

It can happen.

It's rough and painful and lengthy and needs a huge amount of persistance but it does happen.

I'm here to help, so if there is anything I can do - do ask .

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

diana
06-04-04, 17:08
Hiya Christie,

I know exactly how you feel.

I too went for like 12 years or so with no attacks at all, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere they came at me full force like you said.

I think once we let our guards down they come back just to remind us that they do exist.

They are definitely not a welcomed friend so it is very hard to get control over it that`s for sure.

You will not feel this way forever and you know this because you have had this before and got through it.

At some point you were able to regain some normalsy after your initial attacks and you will again.

Yes it is very hard, it includes time, little steps, setting goals and blips but we all do get back to whatever we consider to be "NORMAL" for us.

I am not sure if we are ever totally "PANIC FREE" but atleast I know we can get a hold on it and control it and not allow it to control us anymore.

We can all achieve full recovery with the help and support we all give and receive here.

We will get through this each and everyone of us in time.

Be good to yourselves and remember little steps will get us there. :)

Christie try not to be to discouraged it is a process and we are all subject to it.

Take care,

Diana xoxoo

diana
06-04-04, 17:15
Meg,

Good for you, you are very productive.

You seem to be able to juggle a whole lot at one time.

I wish to be where you are now at some point in my life. :)

You are proof that we can go back to our normal lives after these attacks have had their way with us.

Thanks for sharing your successes with us. These posts are the kind we can gain strength from.

Take care,

Diana xoxoxo

uryjm
07-04-04, 22:02
Having endured panic for close on twenty years now - and I find that hard to believe - I'm also not sure if you can become "panic free". You can learn to live with it though, and the journey can have many positive aspects. As Meg says, you can definately learn strategies for recognising and dealing with panic attacks so they're not quite so traumatic. Following that, you can begin to accept them as part of who you are, and that can also lessen them considerably. Above all, don't despair. Life's still got a lot to offer even when you have to panic through little bits of it!

Jim

diana
13-04-04, 19:59
You are so right Jim.

Life does still have so much to offer, even when we do have to panic through bits of it.

Great post!!!!!!

Take care,

Diana xxxx

imported_n/a
13-04-04, 20:05
HI CHRISTIE,,,NEVER GIVE UP NEVER GIVE IN WE WILL WIN!!!! DARREN

diana
13-04-04, 20:14
Darren,

I just love your enthusiasm.

Makes me believe that we will and can beat this thing together.

Thanks.

Take care all,

Diana xxxxx

cathy s
17-02-11, 22:42
There is some hepfull advice on this thread.