PDA

View Full Version : Dose

MardyBum
28-07-11, 16:33
Im back to taking these every day.. 40mg and was wondering if I can take two a day? on the box it says one a day but i find by the evening its wearing off... these have really helped me the past two days and totally chilled out my anx symptoms making me calm down...

The box says 1 a day but my dr told me to take them as and when needed? would like to see how I could be with two a day?

thanks in advance my lovelies xx

MardyBum
30-07-11, 11:15
have spoken to the dr and i can take two a day... was just wondering when would be best to take them so it wont stop me from sleeping.

I take one when I get up and sorted (normally around 8 or 9 am) would it be best to take another around 3 or 4 with a view to be going to bed around 10 or 11?

also never had any side effects from these when I used them in the past but only used them as and when needed but this time im finding i have a very dry mouth and my tounge feels odd (is the best way to describe it!) anyone else had these?

xxx

jmoid
13-08-11, 00:55
I think it depends on the person a lot, but I usually only take 20 mg when I'm I feeling a bit panicky, and I've had them give me trouble sleeping when I've taken them as early as 1.30 in the afternoon. Having said that other times I've had them just before bed and been fine - I think it comes down to what else I'm doing while I'm on them. If I've got something specific on my mind they tend to keep me awake.

MardyBum
14-08-11, 00:58
Just an update incase anyone needs advice on this..

I tend to take one about 9am or there abouts and then another around 3.30pm and this doesnt seem to stop me from sleeping

shropshire_lad
16-08-11, 20:25
The standard tablets have a half life of as little as 3 hours, meaning regular dosing is expected for sustained blood levels. Four times daily is not uncommon.

Maybe try the long acting once a day formula? I used both the 160 and 80mg LA formula's. Found the 80mg spot on for helping with anxiety. The half life of these capsules is around 12 hours and the plasma level is a lot more stable.