PDA

View Full Version : Glucose tablets? yes or no?

vicky23
28-07-11, 20:14
hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone uses glucose tablets, I get tired really easily and would love more energy but I don't want to take anything with caffeine obviously so I thought about those lucozade tablets, my Mum used to get them for my bro when he was playing football.
The thing that worries me is potential stomach irritants because I have IBS so don't want anything that may cause my tummy to get upset. So was just wondering if anyone has tried then and what they're like?

Katie6
28-07-11, 20:29
Hi there I have the dextro energy sweets as I tend to get very weak and shakey between meals, I too have really bad ibs and I have no problems having them, never really thought twice about taking them as I just see them ad a type of sweet, honestly can't see you having any problems with them. The blackcurrant ones are really yummy x

Hope38
28-07-11, 21:21
Hi, glucose tablets are a no no, they are only worthwhile if you are diabetic and having extreme low blood sugar and the come down is quick resulting in less energy. What you should try is a slow release carbohydrate or eating little and often especially with IBS. x

Rachel_123
28-07-11, 23:52
id suggest taking berocca, it does wonders for my energy levels!