PDA

View Full Version : Given up

LucyLiz
28-07-11, 23:22
Tonight I've come home from a two week holiday nightmare. My anxiety was pretty bad going but I hoped with a lot of 'relaxation' d come back feeling more human. Truth is it just got worse and worse. I am now in a constant state of panic and feel so sad and angry that I made this holiday such a struggle for my husband and children. Although I'm having therapy, I've been fighting this battle for many years and tomorrow I've decided to go and see my gp for medication. Part of me feels scared that it's got to this stage, frustrated that I can't do it on my own but half feels that it will provide the opportunity to get better for good. Sigh, I'm so exhausted. :-(

Lynnann
28-07-11, 23:38
There is the saying you have to hit rock bottom before you climb back up, I hope your GP appointment will provide you with the means to begin the climb to recovery. We all need help sometimes, it's called being human.

Good luck tomorrow

Lynnann:flowers:

Ingenious
29-07-11, 13:19
It's always a big step seeing your GP or going onto medication, but in other ways it can be a huge weight lifted off your shoulder that you're getting help. Let's hope this is the start of you getting better and getting your life back. As for holidays, yes on paper they should relax you, but quite often they don't :)

s11fyx
29-07-11, 15:01
could you get on the list for cbt? if you find a therapist you click with it can be amazing for helping your recovery from health anixety? x

stuart39
29-07-11, 15:07
on thing i find useful is to sit and write all the key points of the problem if youre anything like me and prone to forget a few aspects once youre sat in front of the doctor.

there is nothing worse than coming away from an appt youve waited ages to get, only to think " i forgot to say this or that....".etc.

LucyLiz
29-07-11, 22:56
Thanks for all your support. I have just joined a anxiety self help group which i know involves cbt, so hopefully that will have some impact. My usual gp wasn't there today so I had a stand in. She didn't hesitate in giving me citalopram & propanadol, was really surprised that there was very little discussion... So basically all day I've just been thinking, do I, don't I... I feel it's a big step, by taking them it will also be almost 'confirming' this illness. Lots of thinking to do I believe! I might just see how the panic is over the next few days...

paula lynne
29-07-11, 23:03
Hi Lucy, Ive had some great info from a man who is now free of anx and panic, and I will send you the PM he sent me. It long, so maybe read it bit by bit to digest it. Recovery is possible, dont give up. Best wishes, Paula x

LucyLiz
29-07-11, 23:10
Thanks for that Paula, wi certainly give it a go! x

paula lynne
29-07-11, 23:15
Youre very welcome. x
The day I "gave up" was the day my recovery began. I stopped fighting it. I let it all in full force. Something happened within a day or two...I was still alive and breathing. I realised it really wasnt going to hurt me. That day, it lost its power over me and I began taking back my control. Its a bumpy ride, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Im also going to send you a Pm of something I wrote a while ago, it specifically deals with agoraphobia, but has tips regarding panic and anxiety which may be of some use to you I hope. Giving up just may be the start of your recovery too Lucy.... Best wishes, Paula x:)