PDA

View Full Version : DVT signs - worried and need advice

Ambers
29-07-11, 07:28
Hi - In the midst of 'female problems' I was given 'Ovestin Cream' to help and the side effects list DVT. I had been taking the treatment for 4 weeks approx but gave up about 2 weeks ago as I saw no improvement after another bout of cystitis.

For the last few days I have had on/off pain in the back of my left knee/calf area. The pain is deep seated. No swelling in the area. Now if this was DVT would the pain be constant? The pain hits worst in the morning but gets better by the afternoon. I don't want to waste doctors time again and if I ring NHS line I just know they will refer me back to my doctor. I also don't want to bore my family with this worry :weep:

Any insight to DVT would be appreciated :yesyes:

looking4answers
29-07-11, 08:05
It is my understanding that the pain would be constant and cause pretty bad pai along with redness and swelling and possibly fever. Im pretty sure that is what I read. A few days ago I had something like you are experoencing and got worried so I read up on it and looked up photos on google images of people with dvt and mine didnt look like that at all so I just let it go and guess it wasnt dvt

amandaj
29-07-11, 09:52
hi i had 2 blood clots in december and my god the pain is unbearable, wasnt dvt was pulmonary embolism and my leg and ankle was so swollen but mine got over looked for a while as id just had a baby ,i dont think youd be able to walk if was a dvt if need to chat about it can always pm me xx

SamanthaAU
29-07-11, 11:39
Amandaj - is that why you had the clots, from having a baby??

Ambers, my dad has had 2 over the years and his leg has been constantly sore and swollen.

amandaj
29-07-11, 11:48
it was samantha apparantly its very common after having a baby i didnt know that

SamanthaAU
29-07-11, 11:56
Glad they picked it up ok xxx

I am a worrier about DVT's too (especially since my dad has had two). I did actually know about it after having a baby - since I spent the whole of my last pregnancy panicing about it lol.

amandaj
29-07-11, 12:14
ive got 4 kids and didnt know about it lol , my dr said i had pluresy if it wasnt for a duty dr i dunno what would of happened to mehow old is ur baby ?cc

SamanthaAU
29-07-11, 12:27
Wow - you are lucky then huh, someone was watching over you that day :)

My 'baby' is 21.5 months :) How old is yours?

AnotherNewYear
29-07-11, 12:32
Hi Ambers (Hi Amanda!!)

I have had a DVT. It is very painful and my leg was swollen to double it's size. It is very quick.
If family have had DVT's you can me tested for http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/factorv.htm (dont want to freak anyone out!!!) but if you do have it then you can be given http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000527.html during pregnancy.

amandaj
29-07-11, 12:41
alfie is 8 months samantha ,but ive got older kids and im a grandma lol

amandaj
29-07-11, 12:42
i didnt i had them through pregnancy another but i did have fragmin injections when was found and was on warfarin for 6 months

SamanthaAU
29-07-11, 12:53
alfie is 8 months samantha ,but ive got older kids and im a grandma lol

Oh, how wonderful for you!! I have two close friends at the moment who have both just fallen pregnant at 42 and they are feeling very blessed to have these little miracles appear!

Ambers
29-07-11, 18:49
Thank you all - I feel more reassured :)