PDA

View Full Version : Surely all this can't be anxiety?

goaway1
29-07-11, 14:26
I have so many symptoms and feel ill every day here is a list of how i'm feeling today

dizzy/lightheaded feel like i'm about to faint any moment.
sick
stomach pains sharp shooting pain in the left of my stomach
pain in left leg , I can hardley sit down it hurts so much and my knee/shin hurts
ache all over

just feel so down by it all, I have been to the docs loads over the years had mri a few years ago i've always been dizzy but i've had these new symptoms over the last 3 weeks.

I go from being constipated to having to go the toilet non stop,terrible cramps in my stomach I keep thinking it's cancer or something

and then theres my leg constant pain (unless i take pain killers and it eases) in my lower leg and upper leg/bum which makes it hard to sit down.

I never really feel sick but I have felt it for 3 weeks.

what the hell is wrong with me :( can anxirty cause all this.i'm scared to even sleep got docs appointment tuesday and just don't know how to explain all the above?

btw male i'm 23 years old

thanks all :yesyes:

AnotherNewYear
29-07-11, 14:50
Hi and welcome

I'm no Doctor but a lot of what you describe sounds like general pains and feelings you get with Anxiety ....not the pain in your legs though. Maybe you have http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sciatica/Pages/Symptoms.aspx as what you describe is what a friend of mine described when she was told she had it.

Hang on till Tuesday when you see your Dr.

Good luck

anthrokid
01-08-11, 12:01
Hey,

Everything you mention sounds to me like it could be a possible symptom of anxiety. I, myself, have had all of these feelings before with anxiety, and I know others who have. Take a look at the symptoms list on this site and you'll find that severe muscle cramping, bowel problems, dizziness, stomach upset, and general aches and fatigue are all symptoms of anxiety. If i is worrying you in particular, heck in with a local GP and ask for their opinion :)

j2
02-08-11, 05:59
I can tell you that I have had all these symptoms and that anxiety has been the root or at least partial root of all of them. You mention toilet issues and stomach pain that is also to the left of your stomach. I had huge problems with this and was eventually dx'ed with IBS. The pain is your colon spasming and these spasms cause you to have all the toilet issues. Take one or two doses of bulk forming fiber a day, everyday and you will feel loads better in a few days. I will warm you that the cramping may be a little worse for the first day or two while the fiber works it magic but then you will feel much better. When my anxiety is flaring up I will take up to three a day until things get back to normal. I use metamucil every morning and it has greatly improved my life. Good luck

s11fyx
02-08-11, 07:40
yep they can be anixety im the same age as you and have all the same problems an ive had test after test all negative the mind is a really powerful thing it can make you body do things that you mite be anixious about.

have you had any help cbt or anything?

kirsty74
02-08-11, 09:00
Sounds like anxiety to me. I know it doesn't help how you feel, but I hope it helps a little to know you're not alone. Your stomach problems sound like IBS. Like someone else said, see if your GP will refer you for CBT, it can really help :)

MardyBum
02-08-11, 12:19
yup I get all the above... the aching all over my dr told me is cause our bodies are running on alot of adrenelin (sp) and tense which does make sense! its hard to believe some of the symtoms at times until you pop on here and realise everyone has them and more! x

kinnygirl1
02-08-11, 13:49
Yes I think it can all be anxiety, unbelievable as it seems. Sometimes I think that one sympton leads to another - like I feel dizzy and afraid of fainting so I start breathing strangely so my heart starts beating fast so I get the chest and arm pains and so on.....before you know it you have a catalogue of symptons... as the others say it might be worth checking with GP in case you do have IBS. I think when you see your GP tell him/her what you told us above as its the only way to come away with your mind at rest.

Hope you feel better soon