PDA

View Full Version : really worried about tomorrow

goaway1
29-07-11, 18:57
I agreed to go to a music festival with my friend and his girlfriend, at the time I just agreed and he has gone and bought me the ticket. I do really want to go but am so worried about my anxiety ive never mett his gf before and can see it being a problem :(

I've had bad anxiety all week just don't know how i'll cope with it

any tips? :weep:

nhf
29-07-11, 19:04
Aww i know exactly how you feel - my anxiety is bad at the moment too after a panic attack last weekend. I too am supposed to be going to a music festival in three weeks and im already worrying about my anxiety and coping!

Sorry no tips - just wanted you to know you are not alone!! xx

goaway1
29-07-11, 19:13
thanks nhf :) it's nice to know i'm not alone.
I wish I was my old self where I just never even thought about it,now I have weeks of worry.

I would have been bad enough going but with having to meet a new person and it being his gf is making it worse lol

x

nhf
29-07-11, 19:17
Its like im writing your posts! I too just want to be my old self - before my anxiety i wouldnt think twice about going to a music festival or a concert or even just disappearing for the day on my own in the car with my camera (i love photography!!) now the thought of any of it scares the c**p outta me!!

If i ever met my anxiety i would love to give it a taste of its own medicene! lol :)

snowgoose
29-07-11, 19:46
Hi go away and nhf ,
oh that there were magic words to really help you both . it saddens me that you are young and suffering from this beast anxiety .
a music festival will be so energising ...you will find I hope that the music and atmosphere kind of supports you ? no need for deep conversation with your mates girl friend .just connecting through the bands etc . old hippie chick here ha !!

always remember and this has helped me so many times ......no one is keeping you prisoner ...you have a choice ...if it gets too much make some excuse and come home . make sure you have enough cash to get train ,bus etc.

I have never ever had to do this ...........but the knowledge I can makes me feel much more bold and determined .
have lovely time .........go ......you wont regret [take your water ,dont drink toooooo much ........and find quiet space and do your breathing if overwhelmed a bit ]

you will be fine xxxxx

goaway1
29-07-11, 20:06
Thanks both i'm starting to feel a little better about it all. :)

Do either of you find certain people make you more anxious than others?

nhf
29-07-11, 20:22
Hi go away and nhf ,
oh that there were magic words to really help you both . it saddens me that you are young and suffering from this beast anxiety .
a music festival will be so energising ...you will find I hope that the music and atmosphere kind of supports you ? no need for deep conversation with your mates girl friend .just connecting through the bands etc . old hippie chick here ha !!

always remember and this has helped me so many times ......no one is keeping you prisoner ...you have a choice ...if it gets too much make some excuse and come home . make sure you have enough cash to get train ,bus etc.

I have never ever had to do this ...........but the knowledge I can makes me feel much more bold and determined .
have lovely time .........go ......you wont regret [take your water ,dont drink toooooo much ........and find quiet space and do your breathing if overwhelmed a bit ]

you will be fine xxxxx

You are soo right!! i feel a little better just thinking that..... Just managed a quick trip to the supermarket which has added to my confidence a little today! yay :yesyes: (a sucess for me as i got to the door on wednesday and had to stand there for five mins building the courage to go in and when i did it was literally run - grab the bare minumum and get out) - after that im thinking a little more that i will be able to make the festival!! :)

Thanks both i'm starting to feel a little better about it all. :)

Do either of you find certain people make you more anxious than others?

I do find certain people can make me more anxious some times - mainly when i dont know someone very well i tend to be very quiet around them untill i suss their personality out.......

snowgoose
29-07-11, 20:27
yes go away they do
it is funny but some people do send off some signals that are not comfortable .
remember it is their problem .........not yours . We dont know what sort of baggage they are dealing with ..and could be shy and uncertain as you are maybe . trying hard to make an impression for you .
this lady could be very scared too to meet you . it is likely .
be your self .nothing more .........nothing less . then you will be comfortable .

but agree with you ..........you just get instinct about some people ......but give them a chance .........be polite .......no worries if you dont connect .
you can still enjoy the festival and chat . xx

snowgoose
29-07-11, 20:39
excellent work nhf :)

can feel your self belief and hope through the internet ........so pleased .
now work on that tiny steps at a time ........dont push it tooo much .....but keep the momentum going every day . even if it is just going to the door of supermarket and going that bit further for one minute:yesyes:

hope Go Away .... you dont mind me replying to you both on your thread .

[trots off to wonder why I dont do what I advise others :blush:] xxx

nhf
29-07-11, 20:43
excellent work nhf :)

can feel your self belief and hope through the internet ........so pleased .
now work on that tiny steps at a time ........dont push it tooo much .....but keep the momentum going every day . even if it is just going to the door of supermarket and going that bit further for one minute:yesyes:

hope Go Away .... you dont mind me replying to you both on your thread .

[trots off to wonder why I dont do what I advise others :blush:] xxx

Thanks Snowgoose!! I always find its easier to advise but never seem to be able to listen to my own advice lol :blush: one of my closest friends always says this to me lol

Go away - I really really hope you make it to the festival - it will give me hope i can do the same!! and im sure you will have a great time :yesyes:

paula lynne
29-07-11, 20:44
Music festival...ahh the good ole days.....(Was it really 1990 when I was 19 and moshing at Donninton to ACDC, Metallica, and Black Crows...?) :blush:
Something similar happened to me last year when a well meaning mate booked me and her into a Spa for a weekend......150 miles from my house and mega expensive. Im (was) agoraphobic......doh!

I felt the fear and went anyway. Had a few wobbles but survived.......you will too. Imagine not going and never experiencing it....you wouldnt forgive yourself. Deep breaths....GO for it! If you have a wobble, take 5 mins somewhere, nobody will notice. Youre probably nervous meeting your mates gf, dont worry, she probably feels the same. Be yourself. :)
Essentials.....water bottle, mints, elastic band (snapping it on your wrist helps anxiety)....maybe some Bach Rescue Remedy sweeties (for sale in the NMP shop)..

Tell yourself the anxiety feelings are EXCITEMENT!!! whoop whoop.....have a fab time, enjoy yourself, and let us know how you get on......sssooooooo jealous! :D
Best wishes, Paula x:yesyes:

nhf
31-07-11, 15:17
Hey Goaway - Just wanted to say i hope you made it and had a great time!