PDA

View Full Version : Questionnaire for Health Anxiety sufferers :)

duke246810
29-07-11, 19:05
1. Do you ever worry about your health?

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future?

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you?

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it?

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong?

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness?

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind?

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health?

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health?

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness?

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them?

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one?

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)?

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon?

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer?

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease?

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness?

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so?

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing?

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself?

Just copy and paste and add your answers, you can write how bad it is after each question if you would like. I just wanted an overview if people feel like i do. Thankyou :)

duke246810
29-07-11, 19:08
1. Do you ever worry about your health? All the time

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? Yes

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Definately

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? All the time

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? Yepp constantly

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? Yes

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Yes

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? Yes

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Yes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? All the time

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? Yes

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? Yes

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? All the time

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? Yes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? Yes

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? Meningitus, Tumours, Stomach Ulcers, Blood Clots, Cancer and many more lol.

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? Yes

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? Yes

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Yes

jessicalittler79
29-07-11, 19:10
1. Do you ever worry about your health? yes

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future?yes

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you?yes

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? yes!!!

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong?yes

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? yes

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health?yes

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health?all the time yes

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness?yes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them?yea

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one?yes

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)?
yes
14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon?yes

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer?yes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease?yes

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness?yes

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so?yes

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing?yes

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself?yes

Em.ma
29-07-11, 19:13
1. Do you ever worry about your health? - a lot (sometimes i have a bad few weeks other times better)

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? yes

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? yes

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? sometimes

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? somtimes

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? most of the time- sometimes i can

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? depends on if i need to get ready to go to college

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? sometimes- depends on what it is

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Yes! lol

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? friends- not family

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? No- i used to

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? not really- maybe sometimes

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? yes

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? rarley but sometimes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? no

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? blood clots and strokes

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? no

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? sometimes not really though- i can still concentrate at college

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? sometimes

qrydem1987
29-07-11, 19:18
Hey without trying to spoil this thred... but anyone who suffers from health anxiety ofcourse would answer yes to pretty much all the Q's lol... we will hardly find anything new!

Its as pointless as this questionaire for a fat kid ...

1) do you like cake
2) do you like mcdonalds

etc etc

duke246810
29-07-11, 19:20
Hey.

Well this is for a personal reference and it's my post i can write what i like on it. Thankyou for your sarcastic reply though! :)

Em.ma
29-07-11, 19:25
You can have your say but the fat bit is out of line. not all people that are fat are fat cause they choose to be- it can be down to illness

Trevstan
29-07-11, 19:27

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? I think i have one now nevermind in the future :weep:

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Yes

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? Yes

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? Yes

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? If i am really busy everything is normally sweet and rosy but yes i struggle.

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Yes

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? Yes

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Yes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? No

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? yes but i am trying my best to avoid google now.

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? Yes

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? When i turned 30 all i could think about was when i was going to.

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? It's such a publicised illness so all HA will say yes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? I have yes

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? -

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? Yes

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? Yes

nomorepanic
29-07-11, 19:38
qrydem198 - can you please find a better comparison than that and edit the post please as it could upset some people.

Anxious_gal
29-07-11, 19:50

Yes but only because of symptoms lol

I kind of assume I will get something as I age, but at the moment not worried.

Not Really

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it?

well it depends on the symptom, but I tend to try and ignore it and find a distraction.

No, because I'll find something which more than likely is nothing and panic about it!

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness?

Most of the time no,

when I a not having symptoms I'm ok.

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health?

No unless I have a symptom,

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health?

It makes me wonder if I have it!

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness?

It makes me remember the symptoms, just in case I get it and doctors will miss it! I watch too much House.

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them?

Never, I tend to come on here, or if I really feel unwell I'll go to my doctor but not over general anxiety symptoms.

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one?

Nope because it will scare me! I hate when I come across such things by accident. I do how ever enjoy reading about mental health.

NO

i'm afraid of dying ever1

That's one thing I haven't worried about so far. I also assume it will show up in a blood test which I know isn't always the case, but ignorance is bliss.

No had my heart checked out so that reassures me.

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness?

I don't tend to focus on illness, mainly symptoms and the fear of them getting worse.

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so?

I don't work! but am having problems with my wisdom teeth plus 100 symptoms that go with it plus pain so that sucks big time at the moment.

sometimes

haha yeah, the do, new symptoms are the worst for me.

Anxious_gal
29-07-11, 19:53
Hey without trying to spoil this thred... but anyone who suffers from health anxiety ofcourse would answer yes to pretty much all the Q's lol... we will hardly find anything new!

Its as pointless as this questionaire for a fat kid ...

1) do you like cake
2) do you like mcdonalds

etc etc

I have answered no to most of the questions, unlike a lot of health anxiety sufferers I don't worry about cancer and illness.

also that is no comparison,
every one likes cake! Also anxiety sufferers don't like anxiety!

just because you feel this tread is pointless doesn't make you right, it also doesn't mean others won't find the post interesting and helpful.

FeatherHead
29-07-11, 20:42
1. Do you ever worry about your health? YES

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? YES

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? YES LOTS

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? YES

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? SOMETIMES

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? YES

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? YES

MY MENTAL HEALTH YES
9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? YES

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? YES

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? NOT USUALLY

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? I TRY NOT TO DO

YES
14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? YES

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? YES VERY

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? NOT MUCH

ANY SUDDEN TERMINAL ILLNESS DIAGNOSIS
18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? YES

SOMETIMES
20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? SOMETIMES

loveletter
29-07-11, 22:40
1. Do you ever worry about your health? Yes

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? Yes

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? No

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Not often

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? No

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? No

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? No

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? used to but not no more

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? No

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? Yes

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? Not often

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? No

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? No not any more

clohessy9
30-07-11, 07:28

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? YES

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? YES

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? YES

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? YES

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? YES

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? YES

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? YES

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? YEs

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? YES

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? YES

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? YEs

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)?YES

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? YEs

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer?NO

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? I used to

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? I fear having A stroke

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? yes

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? yes

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? yes

chaudhry
24-08-12, 01:35
1 Do you ever worry about. your health? yes

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Most of time

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? yes

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? so many times

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? yes

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Some time

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? yes

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Some time

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? often

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? yes

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? Some time

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? yes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? yes

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? Oral cancer

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? no

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? yes

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Yes so much

MM
24-08-12, 02:48
1. Do you ever worry about your health? yes

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? yes, but I'm more worried about the constant state of my health.

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? yes

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? definitely

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? no

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? definitely

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? yes, usually it's worse at night before going to sleep

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? no^

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? yes definitely, especially when its someone my age.

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? sometimes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? no, I keep it to myself

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? yes, but I'm trying my best to stop :)

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? yes

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? I used to

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? All the time

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? Heart right now

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? It's gotten worse about a month ago

gemjones85
24-08-12, 08:02
1. Do you ever worry about your health? Every day

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? no the illness much, but death

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? yes all the time

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? always most days

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? every day

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? sometimes tends to be when im not busy
9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? yep

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? yes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? nope

yes
its heightens my anxiety
yes
yes
no
no mine is all cancer focused
no
yes
yes quite alot

smalls
05-09-12, 02:57
1. Do you ever worry about your health? Yes

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? No so much because I'm just so anxious thinking about how I'm going to feel the next day.

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? Absolutely!!! Annoying

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? No

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Yes. Headache means maybe I have a brain tumor or a brain aneurysm.

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? Yes

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? I wake up thinking about my anxiety and how I'm going to feel

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? yes definitely, especially when its someone my age.

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? sometimes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? Yes. For some reason If I talk about it to other people and they reassure me that it's not it makes me feel better

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? yes, but I'm trying my best to stop

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? yes

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? I used to

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? Yes

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? No but dealing with this for the past month has made me want to leave work or call off. I haven't done either because I refuse to let this anxiety ruin my life. Even though I feel terrible at work

skw1208
05-09-12, 09:32

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Terrifies me

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? Yes. I obsess about All the possibilities

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? Yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? Yes. It's in the back of my mind constantly

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Not unless it's relevant to something I'm experiencing. I try to avoid health documentaries and shows

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? Yes - I drive them nuts! Lol

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? Yes. I consukt google and it ends up making me feel 10x worse. My partner takes my phone/ipad off me to stop me googling now.

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? I have just turned 36 and it has triggered a whole host of worry about dying. Seems things always 'start to happen' after this age :(

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? - diabetes, ms, or that I will have a heart attack or stroke/blood clot

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? Yes. I feel so sick with worry I can't focus on anything

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Yes. I find a few drinks help me relax but am conscious of 'self-medicating' with alcohol

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

I have answered no to most of the questions, unlike a lot of health anxiety sufferers I don't worry about cancer and illness.

also that is no comparison,
every one likes cake! Also anxiety sufferers don't like anxiety!

just because you feel this tread is pointless doesn't make you right, it also doesn't mean others won't find the post interesting and helpful.

Very much agreed anxious gal. I actually found it helpful comparing my answers to others' and feel reassured that I'm not the only one going through this. It makes the feelings seem more validated knowing how HA seriously impedes so many people's lives

matrix123
05-09-12, 14:12

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? Not so much

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Mostly yes

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? No

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? No

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? Yes sometimes

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? No

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? Sometimes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? No (after lots of tests)

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? Yes, MS or ALS

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? Yes for about 2-3 weeks

tiredOfOcd
05-09-12, 14:23
1. Do you ever worry about your health? Yes.

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? Yes.

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Yes.

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? Typically this is joint pain/muscular pain and I constantly (every few hours to every few minutes) test to see if its getting better or worse.

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? No.

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? No.

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? Sometimes.

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Sometimes.

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? Yes.

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Sometimes.

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? No.

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? No, but I do look up symptoms.

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? Yes.

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? No.

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? Joint injury, disc injury.

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? No

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? Yes.

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Yes.

spacebunnyx
05-09-12, 18:37
1. Do you ever worry about your health? yes,80% of the time

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? Yes and my mind amplifies the feeling without me realising :-(

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? only if I'm already anxious not out of the blue.

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Yes!

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? Yes, when I have anxiety its with me constantly

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? Yes, but maybe not straight away - 6 months later I'll worry I have the same problem.

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? As above

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? Only when it becomes unbearable. I try and keep my HA to myself as much as possible. My husband is always the first to hear though.

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? Yes, obituary notices and I love horror films (Whats wrong with me?!)

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? Yes, my most common fear

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? I've had this fear a couple of times and was accompanied by panic whereas my cancer fear is just anxiety

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? not often, I used to worry about HIV, I worry about having a haemorrhage.

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? no, work keeps me sane

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? yes... i find it hard to look after myself and do housework etc.

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? yes. :-(

Anxious lu
13-11-12, 23:30
1. Do you ever worry about your health? Constantly

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? Very often

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Hell yeah

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? yes!

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? Yes!

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Yes!

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? Yes!

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Yes its the worst feeling when waking up

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? totally!

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? All the time

I try not to

Not so much

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? very much so

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? a couple of occasions

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? I have done

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? MS ALS stroke HIV the list goes on

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? Anxiety made me so ill I quit one of my two jobs

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? Twitches and pains do

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Always on your mind

Liziik
14-11-12, 00:42
. Do you ever worry about your health? Constantly

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? Very often

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Ofcourse!

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? yes!

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? Yes!

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? Yes!

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Sometimes....

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? totally!

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Yes I then google it

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? I ask if they have ever had these feeling or pains before guess I'm looking for reasurance

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? Yes
I try not to

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? very much so

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? a couple of occasions

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? I have done

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? A long list....there's always something new

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? Not ha but gad has stopped me working

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Everyday :(

L xx

candy_floss
14-11-12, 01:32
1. Do you ever worry about your health? Constantly

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? Yes, I'm convinced that I will do.

4. When you feel an unpleasant feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? Yes

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? Yes. And it doesn't help because most of the time I find something, usually a lump or swollen lymph node that I didn't know about.

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Yes, I regularly worry that my IBS cramps are bowel cancer.

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediately start thinking about your health? Sometimes

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? My health anxiety started because I saw my class mate have a heart attack and was convinced it was going to happen to me too. So the answer is yes!

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? It can do...but I try not to google the symptoms.

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? I always ask my mum but it's pointless because reassurance seeking doesn't even help. If anything it makes you worse.

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? No...well I don't seek out new illnesses to read up on. But I will google an illness if I suspect I have it.

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? I'm not afraid to read obituary's but I don't like news stories about fatal misdiagnosis, rare cancers etc

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? Everyday

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? Everyday

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? From the age of 13 to about 21, I was convinced I had heart disease. Then it switched to cancer.

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? Always something new but my big fear this year has been Lymphoma, ovarian cancer and skin cancer.

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? No. But anxiety has made me feel unable to look for jobs, even though I am physically able to work

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? At times.

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Most days yes. Some days I just thing 'screw it. I'm not letting HA ruin another day for me'.

cattia
14-11-12, 08:16
I will have a go at this later when I am not on my phone. Is this used as a diagnostic for HA? It reminds me of the questionnaire I had when I started CBT. It would be interesting to know what the minimum score for HA is and how many of these questions a non HA sufferer would answer yes to. An interesting post :)

jumpwomble
14-11-12, 10:48
Only when I am suffering a bout of health anxiety, which always has a trigger. I can go for months or even over a year without having any health anxiety but when it hits, I can get pretty obsessive!

Yes but probably no more than the average person.

Yes.

Yes, I become very focussed and obsessive over it sometimes, which can make it worse.

Not usually.

Not usually.

That depends. Usually I don't think about it but again, if I am experiencing a bout of health anxiety over some symptom, then I do worry about that particular condition.

I check to see if I still feel the symptoms, that is whenever I am anxious. Otherwise, not at all.

Sometimes yes, depending on what it is.

Sometimes.

I talk to my family first and foremost.

No, I avoid that.

Not usually.

Sometimes.

Occasionally.

Quite rarely.

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? I tend to worry about weird and rare diseases affecting my senses, mostly.

No.

Yes, quite often.

Yes, quite often.

meche
14-11-12, 12:41
Sometimes. Especially when I'm feeling run down and get lots of aches and pains. I over analyse!

Again sometimes - see above.

Yes.

Yes. I focus on that one area and create my own symptoms.

No.

Sometimes - depending on my mood.

I'm very good at shutting it out when I'm busy but when I've got too much time on my hands I over think.

Occassionally but only if I wake up feeling crappy. If I wake up feeling refreshed then I don't give it a second thought.

Not usually but it does make me more aware of how silly it all is sometimes.

Only if I'm in that place at the time. For months I thought I'd had a series of mini strokes and every time I turned the TV on a stroke advert would come on. Only added fuel to the fire!

No.

I used to Google but scared myself senseless so now stay away from all medical sites and books.

No.

Sometimes.

Not until I found a lump. Had to have ultrascan and biospy but got the all clear. Cancer fear now gone.

No.

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? I go through phases. Neuro diseases are my worst fear.

No.

Yes and I've made mistakes by not concentrating!

Sometimes but I force myself to attend social gatherings no matter how I feel. I usually end up having a great time.