PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my dad - please read!

duke246810
30-07-11, 13:13
Hi there,

My dad has had direaha for the past week and its getting worse! i think hes thrown up a few times aswell! his abdomean is swollen and painful and tender around his kidneys and his right side. Im really worried, ive said to him im going to call NHS direct but he won't let me, and he doesn't like hospitals so won't go to one. Do you think this is serious? :( please help! So worried! Thankyou

libby70
30-07-11, 14:40
if he was my dad i would phone nhs direct just for some advice, they will prob tell him to go to drs, he may have a kidney infection or something similar but i would def help him there hun hope hes ok xx

Anxious_gal
30-07-11, 15:10
Give him some water with a pinch of salt, or a sports drink, the loss of salts and water will dehydrate him.
He's being a danger to him self by not seeking help on that basis you might be able to call a doctor out or ambulance ,
Yes call the nurse!! She will be able to advise you better.
Hes had the runs for a whole week !?
Did he take any meds to stop it?
Also does he have a fever??

DontPanicMrMannering
30-07-11, 15:17
Call the out of hours doctor tell them your farthers symptoms and the fact he will not seek help, then ask them to come to see him at home and make sure that you are there to let them in.

Dale

s11fyx
30-07-11, 15:58
is his stomach tender when you press it? it could be appedictus (sp) best thing to do is ring nhs direct for advice see if you can get him a out of hours appoinment. can you go to the chemist and get some rehyrate powders? x

duke246810
30-07-11, 20:19
Yes it is very tender, hes not in a huge amount of pain but he's still in pain and he won't let me ring them lol :( x