PDA

View Full Version : head/dizzy etc

anthonyb2010
30-07-11, 16:30
Hi everyone

I was diagnosed with health anxiety following symptoms such as heart palps, chest pain etc etc. I have gone through it at uni 4-5 years ago and it got worse in my first year of work (2 years ago).

I went to the doctor, had ecg and general physical check. was told all was ok and went through some cbt, which did help a little.

i still get bouts of anxiety and generally worry about my health on a daily basis (trying to stop this). the last 6 months have been pretty tough, had lots of work and extra uni courses part time. throughout this time i have had bouts (few days) of dizziness, headaches, chest pains etc.

the doc prescribed me propanol about 6 months back on 20mg a day, which is really helping the heart palps etc, and my normal pulse is 60 bpm.

in the last week or two i have had a very stressful period involving lots on at work and with my extra courses. this calmed down about 5 days ago and most of the time since i have felt quite dizzy (off balance while walking etc), and had headaches. The headaches are usually all day (ish) and start around the morning and can be there when in bed. somedays its no where near as bad, but still get weird stabbing pains and sort of tingling/tight/hot feelings. can be on one side or both, and sometimes goes to behind the eyes, normally in the middle of the day at work.

Went to the doc and she said it was all ok and to see how it goes over the next few weeks. just wondering if others have had this kinda stuff?

Thanks!