PDA

View Full Version : New panic fear in busy places

cononuk
30-07-11, 22:28
Hi all,

This is my first post here but I've been visiting the forum over the last week or so reading the great advice people offer.

I've been having mild anxiety and panics for the last couple of weeks and I've been trying to nip it in the bud before it becomes a 'problem' - I've had a fair bit of success so far which I am pleased about.

The only thing which is bothering me now is that I seem to have a new fear of being in closed busy places. For example, if I'm on a bus or train and someone sits next to me I'll start noticing my breathing and begin feeling panicy (I'm fine on a busy bus or train if there is no-one next to me and I know I can easily get off if I want).

I'm thinking it might be because when I first started having anxiety I would always make sure I was by a quick exit should I want to get off and get some air etc - I'm very used to getting crowded buses so these feeling are quite new to me.

Has anyone else experienced this and (if so) - did you come up with any good ideas to help pass over it?

Thanks!

Mirabelle
30-07-11, 22:49
Hi
I think most of us would feel the same. The main thing is to sit it out no matter what. Don't get off or move seats. Every time you get through it alive is a step towards feeling better.
Hope you feel better soon
X