PDA

View Full Version : Need some support

HelenLouise
30-07-11, 22:50
Hi everyone. I'm really on edge tonight and I don't know why.
I'm constantly worried that theres something wrong with me that I don't know about and that i'm going to die from it because I just have no idea.
I was having appointments with a mental health professional at my university who was brilliant! She was the first person I could talk to and trust and not feel embarrassed when sharing personal issues. She died two weeks ago and I am so upset. I feel so lost and keep breaking down randomly because I just wish I could talk to her and tell her how worried and stressed I am feeling about whats going on in my head. Uni have arranged a replacement mental health service with a new man but I just know it won't be the same.
I'm scared and alone and I didn't know where else to turn.
I'm scared to go to sleep incase I don't wake up.

If I had some kind of terminal illness, would i know?

Sorry to be a pain.

xxx

HelenLouise
31-07-11, 22:45
bump

Davinci817
01-08-11, 01:10
I'm sorry you have lost your counselor. Try to hang in there and have faith that the new one will help you as much. Tell him what losing your other person has done to you emotionally and ask him to help you to learn to cope with the transition.

It is difficult to not worry if something major is wrong with you, which is the whole deal of HA in the first place. All of us are still alive and showing signs of being healthy even if we don't think so at certain times.

I freaked out last night because I have had congestion and difficulty breathing since surgery 3 weeks ago. Had to break down and go to the hospital. My heart was good, my lungs were good but they did give me an inhaler to help through our miserable hot weather and poor air quality. So I was worried I had pneumonia, lung cancer, blood clot from surgery ......just congestion and crap weather to blame, nothing terminal about that.

Maybe have a talk with your GP about some medication if you don't already have something to take to help calm you in the worst episodes.