PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

cazzie
05-05-06, 00:59
Hi

Wanted to introduce myself, took alot off courage to post this first message.

I've suffered from shyness all my life and after years off having no friends or not keeping them for very long. And once again being stuck in a job I hate and not having the courage to move on.

I've always done boring office jobs, mainly data input and my fear off talking on the phone, really doesn't help in an office job. But have no idea what my dream job is or what else I can do.

I am currently off work with depression and know I'm not going to go back to my current job but scared to move on.

Realised I had to do something about it, I have been seeing a hypnotherapist for the past 5 weeks who has helped me feel happier in myself and I feel I have put the past behind me and realise dwelling on the past doesn't help. I can't change it but can change the future.

But the future seems very scary but know I have got to face my fears or I'll never get over it. Reading many self-help books and trying to remain postive.

Just the thought off going for job interviews and if I do get a new job, the whole meeting people, makes me feel ill.

But I'm glad I've found this place and know there is others out there feeling to same way.

Anyway just want to say hi and get this off my chest. Thanks for reading

giddy
05-05-06, 16:36
Hi Cazzie - welcome to the forum
Love Helen

KatiePie
05-05-06, 22:37
Hi Cazzie
I'm new too - everyone seems really friendly. I've read quite a few messages and have realised that I'm not alone.
Take care
KatiePie

carolynw
05-05-06, 23:28
Hi Cazzie

A BIG Welcome to you!

:D

Love Carolyn x

ConfusedByLife
06-05-06, 20:30
Hi Cazzie

I think all ppl with anxiety shy away abit because of their fears. Shyness can be frustrating but I think you've made the right choice in deciding to confront your fears. The path to overcoming your fears will not be easy so I wish you the best, but if you stay determined, you stand the best chance of success.

cazzie
07-05-06, 15:11
Thanks for all your support.

I am determind to get though this and not let my fears rule me anymore.

If anyone wants to contact me feel free, either via email or PM. We can support each other.

sandi9
22-05-06, 13:44
Hi Cazzie

I'm new too and I know just what you mean about looking for a new job. I tend to restrict myself to dull jobs that won't be too demanding or require too much interaction with other people.
I have an interview on Friday for a new job as I'm being made redundant from my current job. The thought of the interview has made me ill (I'm off sick today with terrible stomach pains), and I just can't see how I'm going to get through it.

Trying to stay positive but I'm shaking as I'm typing this.

You sound as though you're doing all the right things (hypnotherapy, self-help books), and although it's difficult try to think that things will get better.

Sandra