PDA

View Full Version : will i know if im getting better

tricia56
01-08-11, 18:10
hi ive been suffering from anxiety now for aleast 7yrs and the last 6mnths has been really bad and about 4wks ago it was so bads i felt i couldnt cope anymore and had a thought of just ending it all i was in such a mess i was crying on the fone to nomore panic help line because of the thought i had and my 14 yr old daughter over heard me and sore me really breaking down i tried to pull my self together because it wasnt fair on her seeing me like it . so she went to school and she broke down to her head teacher who knows i have anxiety and told her wat she had over heard and the teacher foned my gp and came and took me to see him because thy were concerned for me . they came in to the room with me to see my gp and i broke down and told him everything how i feeling and offerd me pills which i refused as i dont want to gop down that road he explained to my daughter and her teacher all about anxietyand put my daughters mind to rest and mine i felt alot better when i came out and i i dont know wat happened but i realised that i have to get better not just for my self but for my daughter too and i went and brought claire weekes book and since reading that book ive been so much better i seem to be coping alot beeter and doing things i never did before that like stop staying in my room all day and nite and ive started to do the normal daily things like cleaning up and cooking dinner which i would never do before , i still am anxiouse alot of the time specialy in the mornings but i just try and get on with things even if i am anxiouse .and hopeing i am getting better but i dont want to get too hopeful just incase it goes bad again andthe way im feeling at the moment might just be a a temperary things think wat im trying to ask is will i know if im getting better or not thks

suzy-sue
01-08-11, 18:56
i went and brought claire weekes book and since reading that book ive been so much better i seem to be coping alot beeter and doing things i never did before that like stop staying in my room all day and nite and ive started to do the normal daily things like cleaning up and cooking dinner which i would never do before , i still am anxiouse alot of the time specialy in the mornings but i just try and get on with things even if i am anxiouse .and hopeing i am getting better but i dont want to get too hopeful just incase it goes bad again andthe way im feeling at the moment might just be a a temperary things think wat im trying to ask is will i know if im getting better or not thks[/QUOTE]

Reading this Tricia shows you are getting better .You have not given in to your feelings of wanting to call it a day .You are now doing things you wouldnt normally do .So yes you will know you are getting better because you are already .It doesnt happen overnight and takes constant hard work .changing the negative thoughts for positive ones .Why should it go bad ? theres no reson for this to happen unless you give up pushing through it .You should feel really proud of yourself for how you have managed to get to this point .Try keeping a Diary of all your little achievments each day and the times in the day you feel not so anxious .Read it through each week and you will see how far youve come .Once the power it has over you has lessened your progress will improve .After all its just an overeaction to a perfectly normal feeling thats causing it .Nothing there to fear but fear itself ..Glad you are reading Claire weekes she really helped me too .Keep reading through it when you get those negative thoughts .Take one day at a time and be patient .You will get there ..Love Sue xx:hugs:

tricia56
01-08-11, 19:10
hi sue thk you for the reply i will keep reading the book and keep doing wat ive been doing so thk you once again xx pat