PDA

View Full Version : Can I get some help/advice?

Skyline On Fire
02-08-11, 09:07
I've had these dry looking patches on my upper back, and 4 or so on my chest for a year or so now, maybe longer, I cant even remember. They dont bother me cosmetically, or anything like that. But recently, the past few days, I've been worrying that it might be cancerous, skin cancer or something.

It isnt like moles, or anything like that, they are just dry looking, darker patches of skin, random shapes all on my back and a few on my chest. They grow darker and lighter every now and then seemingly randomly, and dont itch or anything like that. sometimes some of them look like they have a lighter color, yellowyish, with a redder part around the edges.

Basically I'm sure its just psoriasis or something but It's really worrying me as I've a major issue with hypochondria, and I'm just looking for some reassurance and advice.

Surely if it was skin cancer it wouldnt be all over my back, and a few on my chest, and it would be looking far worse than some dry looking patches?

Thanks in advance, the sooner I get replies the better, sorry it's just really worrying me, again, thank you.

lucy devine
02-08-11, 10:00
Hiya :)
I have these too and I am also almost certain that it is just dry skin patches...nothing to worry about at all :)
If you have some savlon or E45 cream, you could maybe put some of that on? but if they aren't bothering you then there is nothing to worry about :)
I'm a fellow hypochondriac, so I know how it feels to convince yourself you have something life threatening...just try to rationalise it and kick the anxiety right in its behind :D
i hope you're okay :)
lucy
x