PDA

View Full Version : Sertaline Vs anxiety

ms
02-08-11, 10:48
Hi to all,

I am in now sertaline 50mg 5 Week. In my starting days, i had more dizziness, weakness as well as more anxiety. Now dizziness and weakness has subsided but still I am getting more anxiety and not able think clearly and not able to digest my thoughts.

I would like to know is anybody had similar kind of experience. Please share your experience.

Regards,
MS

raverminx
02-08-11, 11:53
ive been on 25mg for 8 days now and the first 3 days were horrible, but im feeling good now, with no noticible side effects. maybe im lucky? i am now able to go out and about without needing to take a valium.

however i do have bipolar disorder and have read that antidepressants work a lot quicker if you have bipolar, how true that is i dont know, all i know is that its working for me. sex drive has gone however and not much of an which is good as i have lost 4lb now :D

from what i have read on here it can take a while before you feel the real benefit, or it could be that that this antidepressent isnt working for you.
i started of on seroxat 6 years ago and that killed my anxiety almost straight away, however i gained a lot of weight and became manic and was sectioned (thats where i was diognoised as bipolar)

good luck and keep with it, there is light at the end of the tunnel

MintyFresh
02-08-11, 17:43
ive been on 25mg for 8 days now and the first 3 days were horrible, but im feeling good now, with no noticible side effects. maybe im lucky? i am now able to go out and about without needing to take a valium.

however i do have bipolar disorder and have read that antidepressants work a lot quicker if you have bipolar, how true that is i dont know, all i know is that its working for me. sex drive has gone however and not much of an which is good as i have lost 4lb now :D

from what i have read on here it can take a while before you feel the real benefit, or it could be that that this antidepressent isnt working for you.
i started of on seroxat 6 years ago and that killed my anxiety almost straight away, however i gained a lot of weight and became manic and was sectioned (thats where i was diognoised as bipolar)

good luck and keep with it, there is light at the end of the tunnel

Why are you on yet another SSRI (sertraline) if you're bipolar?

raverminx
05-08-11, 19:20
Why are you on yet another SSRI (sertraline) if you're bipolar?

i was on seroxat for 6 years which made me manic and i was sectioned. that was 2 years ago. the doc thought that sertaline would help with the anxiety and depression but i have a mood stabiliser in place too.
tbh i think its triggered a hyper mania episode, im not gonna tell the doc tho as im feeling soooo great, if i become manic then i would know the early warning signs and would have to take action.

raverminx
05-08-11, 19:21
sorry just realised that i am repeating myself lol!!!