PDA

View Full Version : help job scare panics help

joolsukuk
05-05-06, 11:19
hi ive been offered a job due to start on monday but having second thoughts!!! arrggghhhhh im fine with interveiws but caking myself bout the job now its only a part time in a pharmacy but worried incase i feel panicky when there i was working a year ago and was ok but havent worked for a year and now im worried any words of encouragment would be great as thinking of not going now

Piglet
05-05-06, 12:35
Give it a go hun - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!!!!

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

joolsukuk
05-05-06, 12:49
thank you piglet i think i will give it ago its just i find it hard to go to shop and here i am thinking im brave enough to go to work but maybe it would be a good thing for me thanks again xxx

Juliamidlands
05-05-06, 13:29
GO FOR IT!!!!

You may find it might help you take your mind off the symptoms....lately I have felt on the verge of a PA at work quite a few times but I try to keep myself busy at work and it REALLY helps

What have u got to lose? xxxxx

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.

mirry
05-05-06, 13:31
Jools, if you get a panic whilst at work,
just say to your self "dont think about the past and dont think about the future just think for the moment",
as you breath in that is the moment, as you breath out that is also a moment.........as each breath is gone - that moment has gone.
Doing this will help you learn to think for the moment and dont allow any thoughts to come into your head about past or future.

Ive been doing this and WOW ITS REALLY HELPFULL, THIS IS CALLED MINDFULNESS which you will need to practise daily to get good results.

mirryx

joolsukuk
05-05-06, 13:34
thank you so much for your kind words they really help, mirry i have looked on the website for minfulness looks good will read in a bit more depth later thank you xxx

jools

Wenjoy
05-05-06, 17:00
Hi joolsukuk
I work in a shop and have panic attacks but have started to not only keep busy but when I feel a wave of panic I think to myself- drop your shoulderse - relax - it cant hurt you - it cant hurt you - all is fine - you are ok ..... and eventually the wave crashes over me and I feel a bit better to hang on in there - YOU CAN DO IT - I know you can. Good luck. Love wenjoy x

joolsukuk
08-05-06, 00:00
thank you all again for you words of encouragement its nearly midnight now so going to try to sleep will let you know how it goes tomorrow..wish me luck (feel sick) lol

jools xx

marie ross
08-05-06, 00:21
Hi Jools,

Good luck for tomorrow, i'm sure you'll be great!!! I work in a pub where i feel safe, but sometimes i have moments where i feel dizzy and unreal, but after a minute or two they pass, because i keep myself busy even if its washing glasses or something else just as boring.

You'll be fine. Take care

Marie XXX

joolsukuk
08-05-06, 08:32
meant to be leaving having major anxiety dont what to do !!!!!!!!!

jools xx

feege
08-05-06, 08:39
Hi Jools

Try not to think about work just break it down, think about just going out of the house, just actually getting there, seeing how it goes for 10 minutes, etc.

You can turn back at any time but just see if you can get there hun?

The very best of luck YOU CAN DO IT!!!

And remember there are loads of other people out there feeling just the same!! Maybe even your boss or someone you will work with - you never know there's a lot of us!!

:D:D

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

marie ross
08-05-06, 08:49
Hi Jools,
I'm leaving for work in a few mins, and as usual i feel sick and wonder if i'll get there or not, but every day i make myself walk out the door and get to work. I don't dwell on geting there i just think about other little things, like what shall i do for tea or what can i watch on tv tonight, and before i know it i'm at work. I know its easier said than done, but all you can do is just try, i hope you can. Very good luck.
I shall be thinking of you today.
Marie XXXX

feege
08-05-06, 08:52
Yes Marie Ross that's really good advice!

I used to literally chant "I'll be fine when I get there" over and over and I always was!!!

Good luck to you both - I go back to work in about 2 weeks and will be going through this too!!!

Loads of love xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?

joolsukuk
08-05-06, 14:41
HI I MADE IT THERE! FELT BLOODY TERRIBLE ALL MORNING I HAD 10MG OF DIAZAPAM BEFORE I WENT BUT DONT THINK IT WORKED KEPT FEELING LIKE RUNNING OUT BUT I STUCK IT OUT STILL DREADING TOMORROW AS I FELT SO SICK TODAY....THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR WORDS OF COMFOR THEY REALLY DO HELP.

jools xx

feege
08-05-06, 14:50
Well done Jools[8D][8][8] - was the job itself ok?

Hopefully it will be much easier tomorrow x

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

joolsukuk
08-05-06, 15:01
YEAH NOTHING SPECAIL BUT OK ON FEET ALL DAY AND NOWHERE TO ESCAPE TO BUT THE LOO ,LOL MY HEART IS STILL POUNDING ABOUT TOMORROW I WILL TRY TO GO AGAIN BUT DONT FEEL LIKE IT BUT I KNOW THATS PART OF MY CONDITION WANTING TO STAY INDOORS WHERE ITS SAFE (WHAT AM I LIKE) JUST WRITING THIS I FELL LIKE TELLING MYSELF WHAT A SILLY BILLY (DONT WANT TO SWEAR) IM BEING!! THANKS AGAIN FEE XX

jools xx

feege
08-05-06, 15:09
It will definitely get easier - were the people nice?

It's really brilliant that you did it!:D[8D]

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

joolsukuk
08-05-06, 15:17
THE PEOPLE WERE NICE YEAH I WANT TO TELL THEM ABOUT ME HAVING ANXIETY BUT THINK ITS A BIT SOON, I ALWAYS FEEL BETTERWHEN I TELL ABOUT IT DONT HAVE TO PUT UP A FRONT,FEEL TOTALY WORN OUT THOUGH AND I KNOW ITS COS OF THE ANXEITY,,THANKS FEE XXX

jools xx

feege
08-05-06, 15:20
Hi Jools

Hope you can catch a rest this pm... and maybe you can tell one person tomorrow quietly without making a big deal out of it - you might well be surprised and they might know all about it!!!

Well done again:D

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

joolsukuk
08-05-06, 15:31
HI FEE I DID MENTION I WAS NERVOUS BUT THEY PUT THAT DOWN TO NERVES ON NEW JOB WHICH I DONT HAVE REALLY THEY WERE VERY KIND AND SAID "WE ARE LIKE A BIG FAMILY HERE" SO I DO FEEL AT EASE JUST DAMN TUMMY TURNS AND FEELING SICK ARGGHHHH....!!!!! THANKS FOR BEING THERE FEE.XX

jools xx

feege
08-05-06, 15:33
No problem jules - i know how you feel.... my tummy's all over the place for various reasons - one of which is almost certainly my anxiety about going back to work!!! And it's not for about 2 weeks yet!

Take care:D

By the way if you type in capitals it looks a bit like you are shouting!!!!!

xxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

joolsukuk
08-05-06, 15:41
omg!!! sorry didnt even realise i was typing in caps till i read that sorry thats how much of a pickle my brains in ..i'll be thinking of you when you go back to work you sound so possitive im sure youll be finex

jools xx

marie ross
09-05-06, 00:50
Hi Jools,

Really glad you made it to work, i really am. it would'nt hurt to tell someone how you really feel (it took me months of feeling anxious and sick and when i did it, the relief was brilliant i can tell you) Instead of feeling so awful when i felt a wave of anxiety and felt dizzy and unreal, instead of coping and feeling rubbish i would tell someone who i worked with that i was feeling a bit 'funny' (they knew how i felt) they would cover for me for a few minutes until i felt better(ish)!!!
Hopw this helps and that everyone is as understanding as my work pals are, i'm sure they will be, you would be in the same situation.

Good luck tomorrow, really (oh , and thanks for not shouting anymore!!!!!)

PS. Fee, good luck to you as well!!!

Marie XXXX

joolsukuk
09-05-06, 10:12
hi all me again didnt need to go to work today until thusday im glad cos woke up feeling sick as usual heart feels like its thumping but its not (if you know what i mean that sounds crazy dont it!) im hoping i feel this rough cos of meds (prozac) but on day 13 of it now and still feel bad is that normal???? when i was on seroxat im sure it wasnt this bad (but that was a while ago now ) anyhoo thamks all for your replies they really really do help.xx

jools xx

feege
09-05-06, 11:32
Hi Jules

Can't advise on the meds as I haven't tried them but I know that all these IBS-type symptoms of nausea etc are really really common when you are anxious and will probably improve as you regain your confidence by going to work...

I hope you have lots of other things to do and that it all settles down for Thursday xxx

Lucy - it's excellent that you have got this job and I bet it will do wonders for your progress once the first day is over! Is Saturday your first day? Is it tomorrow you have some training? That should help... Will be thinking of you xxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

joolsukuk
09-05-06, 11:35
hi space cadet
im really pleased for you to be working again and off meds im sure you will be fine. i was off meds for over a year but had some problems at home with kids and it bought my panics back then struggled with them for 6 months before giving up and going back on meds but i think i might have gone for the job to soon and should wait till meds kick in. But GOODLUCK on saturday i will be thinking of you let me know how it goes xxxx

jools xx

joolsukuk
09-05-06, 11:40
hi fee
im going to try to keep busy more now and force myself to go out alone( i dont at the mo) ive got nothing to lose not even my sanity as thats gone lol bit of home made cbt is what my plan of action is so im off to shop alone now going to be brave see ya soon xxxx

jools xx

feege
09-05-06, 11:48
Hoorah Jules - well done - JFDI it!!!

Keep your goals manageable and plenty of praise for every achievement!

WELL DONE!!!

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

joolsukuk
09-05-06, 21:04
went to shop felt great going to go a bit further tomorrow thanks fee xxxxxxx

jools xx