PDA

View Full Version : A bit of advice please.

redredmac
02-08-11, 16:40
Hello,
I have posted before but i'm still really new hear. I have anxiety. I keep worrying that i'm going to faint every little change in my body and i think that i i'm going to pass out. Everything i do i convince myself that i am going to faint. I can even see in my head it happing. I really upsetting me now. I no for a fact that i'm not going to and that after panic attacks your body is supper aware. It is not stopping me from from going out but i fear that i will get to the point. When my anxiety is at it worst i feel really week, tired all the time, i have bad tention in my back and neck and dizzy.And this feeling that I'm can't swallow.I also have the feeling all the time in the back of my eyes i really can not explain the feelling. But when i feel like this i think i'm about to pass out. And today is one of thoes days. I no that it because i didn't sleep last night
What i'm looking for is a bit of advice on how to cope with this.
I have seamed to be fine for a few months but now it's back and i have no idea why.

nhf
02-08-11, 16:47
Hi Red

Just wanted to reply and say i get the exact same feeling - i am terrified of fainting, scares me silly... the slightest change to the feelings in my body and i convince myself i am going to faint and it brings all my panic attack thoughts to the surface.

I suffer with acid reflux and vertigo at the moment and as soon as i feel either of these i feel like my legs go weak and my mind jumps to 'uh oh im going to faint' - i never have but my mind still jumps to this conclusion for some reason...

I am seeing my counsellor on friday and am going to discuss this with him.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone in the way that you feel! :hugs:

redredmac
02-08-11, 16:51
Thanks you I get Vertigo aswell. So pleased to hear that it's not just me.

kinnygirl1
02-08-11, 20:32
Hi Redredmac

I also suffer with the same feelings and fears. I am scared silly of fainting and losing control of my body even though it has NEVER happened (touches wood!). As soon as I feel remotely dizzy or even slightly light headed, panic will begin.

The swallowing thing is classic anxiety. I think it is caused by a combination of the dry mouth you get when in panic mode and the tension of all the muscles in your throat when you are anxious. I know exactly what you mean.

I know it sounds corny but once you have had a better sleep it will probably help. your mind is working overtime to process all the worrying thoughts and needs to rest. I would make it goal to get a decent rest and take it from there. I know its easier said than done though.

Take care