PDA

View Full Version : Joys of Medication

HypnosWisher
02-08-11, 21:49
I can honestly say that I know my meds are helping, but I can't help but feel so fed up with feeling so f***ed in the morning (pardon the french) and afternoon. My mind goes to absolute mush and the only thing I can focus on is nothing. Kinda like a numb feeling. The quetiapine and duloxetine mix is sedating, but maybe a little too sedating.

yvonne_uk_98
05-08-11, 19:52
I can honestly say that I know my meds are helping, but I can't help but feel so fed up with feeling so f***ed in the morning (pardon the french) and afternoon. My mind goes to absolute mush and the only thing I can focus on is nothing. Kinda like a numb feeling. The quetiapine and duloxetine mix is sedating, but maybe a little too sedating.

Hi HypnosWisher,

So sorry you feel so zombified, I kind of know how that feels, I hope you feel better soon.

sending you some hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
05-08-11, 20:01
Thanks Yvonne.

I had to ask my boss for reduced hours from work as I just can't handle the demands of a day. I am going to see my doctors next week to see if I can get onto Lithium or something that doesn't leave me so empty feeling. I find myself turning to alcohol or harming because I blame myself and my body for feeling like this. It is frustrating.

:hugs:

yvonne_uk_98
06-08-11, 00:08
Thanks Yvonne.

I had to ask my boss for reduced hours from work as I just can't handle the demands of a day. I am going to see my doctors next week to see if I can get onto Lithium or something that doesn't leave me so empty feeling. I find myself turning to alcohol or harming because I blame myself and my body for feeling like this. It is frustrating.

Hi HypnosWisher,

I hope you get things sorted with your gp, hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
08-08-11, 08:45
Hi All,

I am hoping to get into the doctors today. I am hoping I could get something else. I don't want to go back on Zopiclone or Citalopram as they are like an unpleasant mallet to the head. I may need another diagnosis as I think it is more than depression.

yvonne_uk_98
08-08-11, 21:12
Hi All,

I am hoping to get into the doctors today. I am hoping I could get something else. I don't want to go back on Zopiclone or Citalopram as they are like an unpleasant mallet to the head. I may need another diagnosis as I think it is more than depression.

Hi HypnosWisher,

hope you get something, things get sorted for you. thinking of you.

Yvonne.:hugs:

HypnosWisher
09-08-11, 14:17
Thanks for your kind words Yvonne. I shall update later the status. :hugs:

HypnosWisher
09-08-11, 22:28
I am so low and fed up now. Can't get an appointment to see my doctor until Thursday. Such a farce and today has been the most depressing with friends suffering with loved ones and the scum in London. Not a good day to be associated with the human race.

yvonne_uk_98
09-08-11, 23:31
I am so low and fed up now. Can't get an appointment to see my doctor until Thursday. Such a farce and today has been the most depressing with friends suffering with loved ones and the scum in London. Not a good day to be associated with the human race.

Hi HypnosWisher,

so sorry to hear your feeling so low and fed up. hope you feel better soon. it's awful you cant get an appointment until Thursday, at least you have an appointment, not everyone can get appointments for dr's. takes time. yes it's not good what's been happening in london.

sending you some hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
10-08-11, 17:41
Hi Guys,

Had a massive meltdown today and my Psorisis started to become sore and hurt. I would love a day when I never have to worry about anything. Finding that the illnesses are starting to win the battle over me.

yvonne_uk_98
10-08-11, 22:52
Hi Guys,

Had a massive meltdown today and my Psorisis started to become sore and hurt. I would love a day when I never have to worry about anything. Finding that the illnesses are starting to win the battle over me.

Hi HypnosWisher,

so sorry to hear your not doing so great, hope you feel better soon. would be nice to feel normal with no illnesses, wish I had a magic wand and could make your wish come true. would be nice that.

Hope you have a good day today. :hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
11-08-11, 21:09
Hi Guys,

Went to the doctors today. Now on 100mg Quetiapine!! :( got ointment for my Psorasis. I tried playing tennis and I had to stop because my body felt like it was going to give out underneath me. Been a very tiring and exhausting day. I am being referred to Mental Health Team. That is an encouraging sign.

yvonne_uk_98
13-08-11, 22:25
Hi Guys,

Went to the doctors today. Now on 100mg Quetiapine!! :( got ointment for my Psorasis. I tried playing tennis and I had to stop because my body felt like it was going to give out underneath me. Been a very tiring and exhausting day. I am being referred to Mental Health Team. That is an encouraging sign.

Hi HypnosWisher,

sorry to hear your not having a good time and so exhausted, I hope you feel better soon.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yvonne

yvonne_uk_98
13-08-11, 22:29
Hi,

been away all day yesterday, and enjoyed my day away. it's so confusing, dont know if it's to do with a high or not.

I'm so tired, taken my meds, i'm falling asleep, so going to go to my bed.

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
14-08-11, 00:16
Hi Yvonne,

It is good to get away from it all. Sorry to hear your unsure of how you feel in terms of confusion. It is certainly frustrating when you do things to benefit yourself and the expected feelings don't match the actual feeling.

I met with my Dad and brother today and it was a downer really as my Dad seems to feel he has failed as a parent because of my mental illness. Tried to explain to him that it is chemical and that I understand his frustration of not being able to magic it all away, but it is something I have to live with and manage and that no-one can change that.

I hope one day they can accept this part of me.

HypnosWisher
14-08-11, 20:28
Hi Guys,

Start my new dose of Quetiapine tomorrow. I cannot wait to feel even more washed out in the mornings. Not looking forward to it at all. Today has been rubbish. Just tired and not felt an ounce of effort in me at all. Hard to believe that the mind can drag your whole body down.

yvonne_uk_98
15-08-11, 01:01
Hi Yvonne,

It is good to get away from it all. Sorry to hear your unsure of how you feel in terms of confusion. It is certainly frustrating when you do things to benefit yourself and the expected feelings don't match the actual feeling.

I met with my Dad and brother today and it was a downer really as my Dad seems to feel he has failed as a parent because of my mental illness. Tried to explain to him that it is chemical and that I understand his frustration of not being able to magic it all away, but it is something I have to live with and manage and that no-one can change that.

I hope one day they can accept this part of me.

Hi HypnosWisher,

So sorry to hear that your dad feels that he has failed as a parent and wishes he could wave that magic wand to make you well again. every parents wish for their child. I can understand. it's not easy. I hope one day your dad will understand. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Guys,

Start my new dose of Quetiapine tomorrow. I cannot wait to feel even more washed out in the mornings. Not looking forward to it at all. Today has been rubbish. Just tired and not felt an ounce of effort in me at all. Hard to believe that the mind can drag your whole body down.

I can understand how you feel, it's so awful, I hope you wont always feel that way. I hope you get better soon.

love & hugs

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
15-08-11, 18:40
Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for the kind words. I was given my Quetiapine today without a patient leaflet!! Can't say I was impressed. I hope you are well.

yvonne_uk_98
15-08-11, 18:47
Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for the kind words. I was given my Quetiapine today without a patient leaflet!! Can't say I was impressed. I hope you are well.

Hi HypnosWisher,

your very welcome. yeah tell me about it, i dont like it when they dont give ya the info yeah need. so annoying. hope your well.:hugs:

I'm not feeling too great, feel so low.

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
17-08-11, 12:42
Hi Yvonne,

Sorry to hear your not doing so well. Have you had much in the way of support from friends and family?

Today has been hit and miss really. Completely lost the plot. I went to double park my car outside of work as I forgot that I wasn't picking anyone up and had to move before a ticket and fine :( Then I forgot my password for the login on my computer. I forgot to apply my ointment today. I am all over the shot at the moment. Sleep has been infrequent and dreams very real and almost lodge as memories. My brain needs waking up as does the rest of me.

yvonne_uk_98
17-08-11, 17:58
Hi Yvonne,

Sorry to hear your not doing so well. Have you had much in the way of support from friends and family?

Today has been hit and miss really. Completely lost the plot. I went to double park my car outside of work as I forgot that I wasn't picking anyone up and had to move before a ticket and fine :( Then I forgot my password for the login on my computer. I forgot to apply my ointment today. I am all over the shot at the moment. Sleep has been infrequent and dreams very real and almost lodge as memories. My brain needs waking up as does the rest of me.

Hi HynosWisher,

thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated, sorry to hear your not doing too good either. it's awful. I hope you feel better soon. wish I was more at myself, to say something positive to help give you that boost you need.:hugs:

I do hope you feel better soon.

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
19-08-11, 18:59
Hi guys

Been a bad day. Drove into work and almost crashed twice on the road. I showed no concern for my safety or the safety of others and all I feel is shame. When it happened I was laughing hysterically. Just wasn't me and I don't like the feeling of not being in control.

:(

yvonne_uk_98
19-08-11, 23:17
Hi guys

Been a bad day. Drove into work and almost crashed twice on the road. I showed no concern for my safety or the safety of others and all I feel is shame. When it happened I was laughing hysterically. Just wasn't me and I don't like the feeling of not being in control.

:(

Hi HynosWisher,

So sorry to hear you have had such a bad day today. I wish I could give you a big hug to comfort you. I'm thinking of you and praying for you.

I hope you feel better soon. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
21-08-11, 23:07
Hi Guys,

I have felt just urgh today. No energy and constant sleep. Very demoralising. Over and out.

yvonne_uk_98
22-08-11, 17:22
Hi Guys,

I have felt just urgh today. No energy and constant sleep. Very demoralising. Over and out.

Hi HypnosWisher,

So sorry your feeling urgh, no energy, it's so awful. hope you feel better soon. sending ya lots of hugs.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs::hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
30-08-11, 22:28
Wow it has been a week since I last posted.

Got to the point now where I feel no strength or reason to fight anymore. That's how bad things are.

Where to go, what to do, just be good if there was an edge of the world where I could just fall off into the abyss.

yvonne_uk_98
31-08-11, 18:44
Wow it has been a week since I last posted.

Got to the point now where I feel no strength or reason to fight anymore. That's how bad things are.

Where to go, what to do, just be good if there was an edge of the world where I could just fall off into the abyss.

Hi HypnosWisher,

I can understand how you feel, I get that way too, though through little strength, I can get an uplift from it and helps to climb back out of feeling low. I hope you feel better soon. and keep posting to let us know how your doing.

sending ya some hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
14-09-11, 17:31
Hi Guys,

Been a while. Had bad episodes and now doctors think it is Schizophrenia. I am referred and it is becoming a bit too much. I don't know what to do or what to think or say. It is scary and bleak.

:weep:

yvonne_uk_98
14-09-11, 22:46
Hi Guys,

Been a while. Had bad episodes and now doctors think it is Schizophrenia. I am referred and it is becoming a bit too much. I don't know what to do or what to think or say. It is scary and bleak.

:weep:

Hi HypnosWisher,

So sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time, I hope you feel better soon. keep posting and let us know how you are doing. missed ya.

sending you hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
18-09-11, 20:12
Hi Guys

I have been feeling really random and just out of sorts really. Trying to get hold of this erratic thinking and just struggling how to create my life again and take back what are only ashes. I feel like my friends don't love me and nor does my girlfriend. It is like I am full of ambition and don't know where to take it. I look around and see an environment that I just don't belong in. There is no place I could go to call home. No sense of belonging. I can't find the purpose I need to move on. Each time I go to bed now I say is this it?

Mike

kibbutz83
18-09-11, 21:04
Hi Mike, welcome to my world. I wonder do any of us really belong anywhere? I've always felt like I was just passing through, never a permanent fixture. I was wondering how you felt before the quetiapine? Could it be the wrong med for you? Psychiatrists don't always get it right :( Is sleep a big problem for you? I haven't slept through a night for 6 years, and I feel as though I am totally losing the plot most of the time..
I hope you find something that helps you soon :)

yvonne_uk_98
18-09-11, 21:13
Hi Guys

I have been feeling really random and just out of sorts really. Trying to get hold of this erratic thinking and just struggling how to create my life again and take back what are only ashes. I feel like my friends don't love me and nor does my girlfriend. It is like I am full of ambition and don't know where to take it. I look around and see an environment that I just don't belong in. There is no place I could go to call home. No sense of belonging. I can't find the purpose I need to move on. Each time I go to bed now I say is this it?

Mike

Hi Mike,

So sorry your going through this rough time, I hope you manage to sort something out. I'm thinking of you.

sending you hugs:

love

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
18-09-11, 22:31
Thanks Guys for the kind words.

Kibbutz

The Quetiapine helps. The side effects however are just too much at times. I haven't slept a full night since childhood. Even when I was on Zopliclone it couldn't keep me asleep. I wake in the morning with that wasted feeling. I saw my doctor last week and he thinks it is developing signs of Schizophrenia. He has referred me for another opinion.

Yvonne

Thanks so much for the support and kind words. Always appreciated and meaningful.

Mike

HypnosWisher
19-09-11, 19:20
Hi Guys

Today was quite the struggle. It was a low one and headaches and thoughts of just urgh. Had a sleep since I got back from work. Still feel as if there is a massive weight lurking in my gut that keeps me routed to such a rank way to feel. Even now when typing this feels like an effort and an losing battle.

yvonne_uk_98
19-09-11, 21:20
Hi Guys

Today was quite the struggle. It was a low one and headaches and thoughts of just urgh. Had a sleep since I got back from work. Still feel as if there is a massive weight lurking in my gut that keeps me routed to such a rank way to feel. Even now when typing this feels like an effort and an losing battle.

Hi HynosWisher,

so sorry your feeling like this today, hope you feel a bit better tomorrow. I have faith in you, hang in there, you can get through this.

sending your some hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
21-09-11, 18:44
Hi Guys,

Today I managed to speak with Mental Health and they are arranging for me to have a one on one with a doctor in the next coming weeks. I had an incident at work today which flipped me into 'bad' Mike and I became verbally abusive to my colleagues. It is not a nice thing when it happens and it is even more frustrating on reflection that I can't control him. When he is out, that is it. I cannot tell you when he subsides or how. He vanishes with almost no trace. I wish I could cut him out, but I don't know where he hides. It is scary.

Mike

yvonne_uk_98
22-09-11, 00:28
Hi Mike,

so sorry your going through rough time, hope you feel better soon. glad your getting to see dr on a one to one basis. I hope things improve for you. thinking of you and praying.:hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
22-09-11, 22:46
Hi guys

These last 2 days have seen me be an abusive mess. All I do now is think of ways this existence can end. Can't think can't feel.

yvonne_uk_98
22-09-11, 23:39
Hi guys

These last 2 days have seen me be an abusive mess. All I do now is think of ways this existence can end. Can't think can't feel.

Hi Mike,

so sorry your feeling so low, I'm praying for you, and thinking of you. sending you some hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
05-10-11, 11:48
Hi Guys,

It has been a while.

All I can say is that each day is becoming a struggle and that a piece of me each day is vanishing and that all will be left is a drug induced vessel with no captain.

I could not describe it if I tried. It is like when that side comes out of me and it is like a ingrown demon that wants to cause havoc with the surroundings. I don't like it. I don't know how to stop it.

It is not nice how I have been lately. A flat tone to my voice. No feeling of any emotion. Completely expressionless. Show no happiness or sadness. Both are greeted the same.

Everything around me seems to feel it is trying to push me into an early grave. The paranoia is one that I don't like, yet it is all too natural. It is now sort of how and where do I go from here? How do I take myself forward? How I do grow not be acustomed with this? It is like all these questions I have to anser myself and I can't find the beginning of each answer.

cathycrumble
05-10-11, 12:08
Hi Guys,

It has been a while.

All I can say is that each day is becoming a struggle and that a piece of me each day is vanishing and that all will be left is a drug induced vessel with no captain.

I could not describe it if I tried. It is like when that side comes out of me and it is like a ingrown demon that wants to cause havoc with the surroundings. I don't like it. I don't know how to stop it.

It is not nice how I have been lately. A flat tone to my voice. No feeling of any emotion. Completely expressionless. Show no happiness or sadness. Both are greeted the same.

Everything around me seems to feel it is trying to push me into an early grave. The paranoia is one that I don't like, yet it is all too natural. It is now sort of how and where do I go from here? How do I take myself forward? How I do grow not be acustomed with this? It is like all these questions I have to anser myself and I can't find the beginning of each answer.
Hi Sorry to hear how s**t you are feeling. What meds are you on? I am on citalopram and it is a struggle been on them 3 months I am still not 100% but better than I was. Whatever you are taking or if you are taking anything you defo need to change them or up them , as you do sound down.

Cathy xx

yvonne_uk_98
05-10-11, 13:07
Hi Guys,

It has been a while.

Hi Mike,

So sorry to hear your feeling so low. I agree with Cathy, you need to either increase your does or go and see you gp about changing your meds.

I hope you feel better soon. sending you lots of hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs::hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
07-10-11, 08:47
Hi Guys,

Been a down and interesting couple of days. Someone make a comment at work about needing to get out of the office before he loses his mind to which a co-worker tried to make a quip without me hearing. He said, 'You will end up crazy like' and he tried to subtly point at me. I found it amusing. Normally I would've gone from 0-rage in seconds, yet the comment just summed up to me the 'labelling' of people that some individuals still carry.

My g/f found out that her Grandson may have Autism. I can remember telling her a few weeks ago that he was showing signs of it. All she kept saying was how 'different' he will be. I did lose my rag because I told her he is now different to anyone else. He is made of the same stuff, Skin, Bones and Blood. I told her we are all different in our unique own way. It is what gives us identity. I told her that he is special and she should neer forget that. I told her if she kept using the term 'different' that she will develop her own prejudice against him.

I guess to me even at home shows why I have no desire to be amongst society if such prejudice exists in the walls of my own home. I try and tell myself each and every day that there is so much beauty and joy in the world I have yet to feel or experience and then I tell myself what unfulfilling life this is.

Mike

yvonne_uk_98
08-10-11, 11:46
Hi Guys,

Been a down and interesting couple of days. Someone make a comment at work about needing to get out of the office before he loses his mind to which a co-worker tried to make a quip without me hearing. He said, 'You will end up crazy like' and he tried to subtly point at me. I found it amusing. Normally I would've gone from 0-rage in seconds, yet the comment just summed up to me the 'labelling' of people that some individuals still carry.

My g/f found out that her Grandson may have Autism. I can remember telling her a few weeks ago that he was showing signs of it. All she kept saying was how 'different' he will be. I did lose my rag because I told her he is now different to anyone else. He is made of the same stuff, Skin, Bones and Blood. I told her we are all different in our unique own way. It is what gives us identity. I told her that he is special and she should neer forget that. I told her if she kept using the term 'different' that she will develop her own prejudice against him.

I guess to me even at home shows why I have no desire to be amongst society if such prejudice exists in the walls of my own home. I try and tell myself each and every day that there is so much beauty and joy in the world I have yet to feel or experience and then I tell myself what unfulfilling life this is.

Mike

Hi Mike,

So sorry that people at work lable you, so not nice at all. I will keep you in my prayers. yes I agree with you I hope you feel better soon.:hugs:

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
10-10-11, 19:54
Hi Guys,

I am falling to bits as my back is now proving troublesome and painful. I have been distressed by the goings on by some members on this forum on here and the FB page.

I am going to see my Mental Health worker next week so fingers crossed I get some effective treatment.

Thanks

yvonne_uk_98
10-10-11, 22:54
Hi Guys,

I am falling to bits as my back is now proving troublesome and painful. I have been distressed by the goings on by some members on this forum on here and the FB page.

I am going to see my Mental Health worker next week so fingers crossed I get some effective treatment.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear your going to see your Mental Health worker next week, my fingers are crossed and hope you get things sorted out. keep posting and let us know how things go. sending you some hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yvonne

premiumpackaging2
10-10-11, 23:36
Cheer up HypnosWisher! When I have a 'meltdown' I select one of many coping strategies to reshape. A hot bath replete with essential oils, and a good book. Music being optional.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

Hi Mike,

So sorry that people at work lable you, so not nice at all. I will keep you in my prayers. yes I agree with you I hope you feel better soon.:hugs:

Yvonne

Likewise! I am autistic, Mike, and I empathise. Can readily relate to and identify with your predicament, both at work and (now resolved) at home.
Friendly touch upon the shoulder. Don't fret about 'the ignorant' .. but perhaps a little slapping might help? :yesyes:

HypnosWisher
16-10-11, 22:40
Hi Guys

It has been days since I last posted. It is hard to know what I am feeling. It is kinda empty and nothingness. I can't shake the tiredness, the randomness. Feels like my head wants to explode to let me out.

Mike

yvonne_uk_98
16-10-11, 22:53
Hi Guys

It has been days since I last posted. It is hard to know what I am feeling. It is kinda empty and nothingness. I can't shake the tiredness, the randomness. Feels like my head wants to explode to let me out.

Mike

Hi Mike,

missed you, I was getting a bit worried, glad your alright and hope you feel better soon, sending you hugs:

Yvonne

yvonne_uk_98
08-11-11, 23:45
Hi Hypnoswisher,

hope your well, i'm bit worried about ya. you've not be online for few days. sorry for worrying about ya. just the way I am. hope you have had a good day today.

thinking of you.

Yvonne

HypnosWisher
15-11-11, 12:51
Thanks for the concern Yvonne.

Lisa contacted me and I have explained about my absence and I am sorry for not being on the forum. Just been a bit crazy this last month.

I am off Quetiapine and had to stop immediately as there was concern it was causing my heart abnormality that an ECG picked up when I was in A&E. I am now on 30mg Mirtazapine and 120mg Duloxetine. The mental health doctor told me I would go back on the Quetiapine is the results from the ECG come back the same. I am kinda all over the place at the moment.

I hope you are well.

yvonne_uk_98
15-11-11, 16:48
Thanks for the concern Yvonne.

Lisa contacted me and I have explained about my absence and I am sorry for not being on the forum. Just been a bit crazy this last month.

I am off Quetiapine and had to stop immediately as there was concern it was causing my heart abnormality that an ECG picked up when I was in A&E. I am now on 30mg Mirtazapine and 120mg Duloxetine. The mental health doctor told me I would go back on the Quetiapine is the results from the ECG come back the same. I am kinda all over the place at the moment.

I hope you are well.

Hi Mike,

Glad to know your alright, though so sorry to hear your not doing too good, I've been praying for you, if you dont want me to pray for you. let me know, though I hope you dont mind. I was a bit worried for you. just felt that there was somethng wrong.

as for me, I've moved house, and that part done with, i'm a bit overwhelmed, hit rock bottom, my gp has put me back on quetiapine along with my depakote and reduced what I do in a day. not allowed to do any more than 5 tasks a day. plus its nearer to the annversary of my dad passing. will be 1 year this 28 November. I've went back to the depression forum, where they have bereavement forum. which I'm using, more. just felt needed a bit more support.

keep me posted please. how things go for you.:hugs:

Yvonne