PDA

View Full Version : Heartbroken about medication

FRANKIEISBACK
05-05-06, 12:17
My psychiatrist has been so helpful to me and prescribed ANAFRANIL as it was one of her own particular favourites...well much to my grief it has barely worked.

I started it in february....I will be seeing her again in June....I wrote to her the other day to tell her that things were not working and I was feeling terribly anxious...does anyone else have this feeling that you have let people down, I know I havnt as I have been taking it....and I have not drank any alcohol since beginning the treatment !

The thing is I just dont know where to go next....prehaps she has this sort of thing quite often???

Yvonne
05-05-06, 12:54
Hi Frankie

You have not let anyone down - please do not put this on yourself. The fact that the medication hasn't worked isn't your fault - it's obviously not the right one for you.

My psychiatrist put me on Nortriptylene (a tricyclic as well) and I have had a phone call this morning from my occupational therapist to say I have to come off it as from today because it has caused an abnormal heart rythm. I went for an ecg yesterday.

Also, I have been coming off Citalapram for the last two months and my panics have been really bad this week and last. I have low as well.

Take care and please don't blame yourself
Yvonne

Y Goble

FRANKIEISBACK
05-05-06, 21:19
Thanks Yvonne, I really thought anafranil would do the business