PDA

View Full Version : Off to hospital tomorrow

MardyBum
03-08-11, 14:18
Off to hospital tomorrow for a scan regarding my IBS.. been waiting for it and have to go... appointment is at 2.30... anyway im crapping myself.. its not the scan im scared of its getting there, being there and getting delayed. My sister and my mam are coming with me but you can never get parked in car park so will have to walk from a side street and then find department then wait... this sounds like a total nightmare in my head...

Any tips please?

MandyGM
03-08-11, 14:44
Make sure you take your propanalol before you go :) You'll be fine, take an mp3 player or a couple of magazines to distract while you wait, and hold yourmum's hand on the walk if it helps :) xx

Carrera74
03-08-11, 14:51
And remember to breathe too. I always forget as I concentrate on everything else lol Hope it goes ok x

Anxious_gal
03-08-11, 21:35
Hey I think your nervous of feeling trapped? I hate not knowing where my exits are, in fact I find it helpful if I am in a big building to retrace my steps so I know how to get outside if I need to.
So just be aware of where your exit is and know that you can go out side for air if you need too.
Bring something to distract you, and lots of cold water : )
You could ask to be dropped outside the hospital while your family finds a parking space.
The hospital is one of the safest places to be lol so maybe try and remember that when you are there.

MardyBum
04-08-11, 09:43
Thankyou everyone... im hoping my Mam, Sister and Son will keep me busy while im there but will make sure my phone is charged fully so I can play some music and games if need be...

Good idea about finding my exits... I will be fine if I knew they run on time haha its that waiting that makes me anx xx

MandyGM
04-08-11, 10:41
Let us know how you get on! xxx

MardyBum
04-08-11, 21:33
Hospital went fine on the anx side of things.

On the lead upto going I was on high alert... felt sick but no panic attack (I had taken a propan as normal) and couldnt eat. Its been clammy hot here today so I was dreading walking about in it.

Anyway off we went. Got there and couldnt park right in hospital car park like I wanted to (i knew i would be lucky to get that near!!) ended up in a side street. Got to department feeling very hot sat down and ended up chatting to a lovely couple with a 1 year old. My appointment was after about a 10 min wait and they were lovely as well.

Scanner said something about my left ovary and that my bowl over laps or something but she didnt seem overly bothered as such. Have to wait and go to drs for results.

Came away feeling amazing that I had done it althou I dont think I could of stood it without my propan its amazing for anx

MandyGM
04-08-11, 21:37
Well done :yesyes: Glad it went well for you :D Hopefully you'll get your results soon, and they'll be ok. xxx