PDA

View Full Version : Bungee cord

mconlon
05-05-06, 12:33
If I had any more "insight" into this condition I'd have a life degree in panic. I'm sitting here as my school pupils work away on the computer. I'm trying to fend off a panic attack by breathing but it is SOOOOOOOOOO hard - all my insight disappears, all my common sense vanishes and like a bungee chord I'm snapped back to my first panic attack and I'm convinced this is something serious to do with heart attack and dying and I just lose it. I am desperate for full medical attention but know I can't escape and I know what they will say!!

I'm 35 in reasonable health and heart attacks are not in my family - can you hear me convincing myself - I just feel so let down, that despite being reasonably intelligent I can't get shot of these!!

I'm ranting now!! I have "died" a thousand times and I feel like I'm the boy who cried wolf.

Damn bungee cord!! Where are the scissors!!

jackie
05-05-06, 13:01
good bungee analysis

i too ahve died a thousand times all in one day , fo rthe past few days. just had a serious pain in my chest sharp and now that i feel sick i am dying again for the 600 time in my head today.

hope im not right

jackie

joolsukuk
05-05-06, 13:11
hi, dont you just wish there was a magic button to forget there was even a thing called panic!! im 36 and have suffered for along time and read everything possible on the subject i can rationalise it in my head but that doesnt stop them comming arrghhhh!! thinking of you and sending good vibes your way xx

mirry
05-05-06, 13:23
Hi mconlon,

One good bit of advice, purchase a book called MIND OVER MOOD BY CHRISTINE A.PADESKY.
MY COGNITIVE BEHAVOIURAL THERAPIST RECOMMENDED IT TO ME BECAUSE OF MY PANIC ATTACKS .... YOU WONT REGRET IT !

THE BOOKS FOREWORD READS AS FOLLOWS;

change the way you feel by changing the way you think.
Only rarely does a book come along that can truely change your life.
Mind over mood is such a book.

mirryx