PDA

View Full Version : Reflux? Scared!

lelespears
03-08-11, 18:47
Mines is horrific at the moment. I have the usual burning in the back of the throat, lump in throat feeling,Post nasel drip, neck hurts on right side, like the glands or something, ear ache and jaw ache. Ive been on Nexium for a month now noticed no real improvements.. Anyone else had these symptoms? Makes me a lil scared. Thought the Nexium would have helped by now?

Does this sounds like reflux?

Lele x

lelespears
03-08-11, 21:15
No one?

nadiepoo
03-08-11, 21:30
i get reflux i also get some of these symtoms sometime get a pain in my back around side and into middle of chest if really bad get the pain into my shouder and down my left arm scares me as i always think i am haveing a heart attack can you drink milk?

tag
03-08-11, 22:03
Does sound like reflux.

I have a hard time getting my head around all the weird effects it's capable of.
I get random stabbing pain between the shoulders and in my left upper chest. Also, the pain in the left arm is familiar & aching in the shoulder is something I get too.

Post nasal drip can certainly be a reflux thing.
I've just had my Omeprazole dose upped because I've had a flare-up so I offer my sympathies - hope things improve for you soon.

lelespears
04-08-11, 09:19
How do you control yours? Obviously Nexium isn't sorting mine.

Lele xx

ivandiryana
04-08-11, 17:42
Hello...

I often got reflux of GERD, mostly at night. I use nexium and it help. My doctor said that I need to pay attention to what type of food that makes reflux, I found that some spicy food, several fruits, vegetables can makes the reflux happen again.

Also I always take a sit position when the reflux happen, its help me a little.

lelespears
04-08-11, 22:00
Hi may I ask what dose your Nexium is and how long before it worked?

Lele x

ivandiryana
05-08-11, 04:43
20 mg, and it worked quite fast.

melvin
05-08-11, 19:58
hi
it def sounds like acid but ask your doc to send you to ent they can do lots of test . iv been on nex and omerprazle now im on ramitadine they are not bad i dont get a sore throat anymore .i do get lots of chest back and stomach pain

debbsi
15-08-11, 19:08
Hi

I searched and came up with your post - your symptoms sound the same as mine. I have found for the last few years that i always have to clear my throat for ages after a meal. I now have pains in my jaw for the last 2 months which feels like my glands are up - but I cant feel any. I have felt like I was coming down with a cold for months - thought I had hay fever.
I hadnt realised that the throat thing could be related to a digestive thing!! I also have suffered with bad indegestion and heart burn in the past but dont get that much anymore. I also have IBS.
I always found ranitadine to sort my stomach out, omeprazole just made me feel hungry all the time.

Deb x

cathycrumble
15-08-11, 19:35
Mines is horrific at the moment. I have the usual burning in the back of the throat, lump in throat feeling,Post nasel drip, neck hurts on right side, like the glands or something, ear ache and jaw ache. Ive been on Nexium for a month now noticed no real improvements.. Anyone else had these symptoms? Makes me a lil scared. Thought the Nexium would have helped by now?

Does this sounds like reflux?

Lele x

All what you have mentioned I have and it all started when my anxiety took hold. The more you get anxious the more you make acid I am taking omeprazole and I take gaviscon. which helps. Once you can rid yourself on anxiety your tummy settles down. Well it does for me. Good luck

Cathy xx

Rachandgarry
16-08-11, 02:49
Hi,

Fruit Rennies are really useful. They sound low-grade compared to the Zantac and Losec, but they are actually really good.

If it is reflux, sleep at an angle so you limit how much stomach acid can go back upwards. Try to avoid all acidic foods, like fruit, broccoli, cucumber, cheese, caffeine, fizzy drinks.

Omeprazole (Losec) will turn off the acid taps in your system and therefore should prevent the problem almost entirely. Ranitidine can be used on top of that, to neutralise any acid that does come up.

Hope that helps, sorry if I've patronised in any way!

Regards
Rachel

lelespears
31-08-11, 19:25
Thanks this has helped loads!! Trying to stay calm & stressfree but my anxiety wins every time

Lele x

suzbrooke
07-09-11, 08:49
Hi , i SUFFER WITH REFLUX ACID AND RIGHT NOW ITS QUITE BAD !!!! PAIN IN CHEST RADIATING INTO MY BACK , BURPING ALL THE TIME , PAIN SOMETIMES IN SHOULDER . iTS REALLY ANNOYING . mY GP HAD JUST CHANGED MY MEDICATION BUT DAY TOW AND STILL THE SAME ...PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET SOME RELIEF AND HOW ...GOOD LUCK

lelespears
07-09-11, 21:09
Will do. I'm having a awful time and my ibs is now playing up too.. :( I'm constantly guzzling my gavisgon..

Lele x