PDA

View Full Version : Spaced out on Propranolol

mark83
03-08-11, 19:12
hi all, first off i worry alot about stuff like when my heart races im going to have a heart attack or when my head feels heavy and my nose feels like it want to bleed that i have a brain tumer, silly i know,
but any way i started on 10mg 1 or 2 3 times a day that didnt really work i was still having panic attacks
now the doc has put me on 40 mg 3 times a day
i tuck my first 40 mg yesterday at 3pm by 5pm i was spaced out but after a hour i was back to normal so around 7 i tuck one more
today i woke up about 8:30 and tuck one and at 12pm it hit me and i was spaced again but again only for about a hour so at 3 i tuck one more and now i feel ok (ish)
i just have this feeling in my nose still like its about to pour with blood but it never does i thought it could be high blood preasher but the doc says my blood preasher is ok any ideas?

my doc has also give me diazepam incase of a bad panic attack witch i have had abot 5 in the last few weeks mainly at night time

my anxiety is not like most peoples who worry about what people think etc mine is worrying about my health but i feel i bring alot of it on myself i just want it to go away :weep:

panicpanda
05-08-11, 23:49
Hi Mark, sorry to hear you're struggling.

I guess if the propranolol is working it may calm you down about the physical symptoms of a panic attack and feel spaced out because you're more relaxed, which understandably feels very weird if you're used to having panic attacks instead. I know on my first few doses of propranolol I felt a bit spacey also. I felt weird because I wasn't panicking!

I think the nose thing may be you overworrying about your health. Saying that, nose bleeds can be caused by high blood pressure which is what you get with panic attacks. I'm sure if the doc says you're fine then you're fine, but this can be very difficult to believe if you have health anxiety. You could always get a second opinion from another doctor. Also, if you believe there's something wrong with you, you can start to feel there really is. I bring things on myself too. Thoughts can be very powerful and cause all sorts of symptoms.

I hope the spaced out feeling fades out soon. Take care.