PDA

View Full Version : So scared all the time. Panic never ends...

TheGoldenTomato
03-08-11, 22:05
I have no real reason to be scared. I'm comfortable at home, I have supportive friends and family and I enjoy college. My doctor has assured me that I'm physically healthy... however I'm constantly panicking. I just panic about random things. Sometimes health anxiety, sometimes worrying what people think of me, sometimes thinking I'm dying... etc. My panic attacks last for ages as well. Shortness of breath, tingling, shaking, crying, nausea etc. I can't ever control it. Distracting myself can help a tiny bit but I'm getting really depressed now. I feel completely and utterly trapped - like I'm never going to feel better. :weep: Does anyone else feel trapped inside this panic state?

xxxxx

Tyke
04-08-11, 01:33
Yes, I think many of us on here have experienced these kind of feelings. I have found relaxation tapes and CDs helpful along with plenty of exercise. I also try and keep myself busy. Try and remove as much stress from your life as possible. I am currently taking medication, I don't know if your doctor has ever suggested anything to you like that, maybe given your young age he wants to see if you can get by without. Everyone is an individual and you just have to try a few anti anxiety strategies out first to see what helps you best. There is stacks of support on here from others in the same boat. You are certainly not alone!

Tyke :)

lucy devine
04-08-11, 03:46
Hiya =)
I have felt very similar to how you are now...i'm only 18 but a few years back i was having panic attacks every day and i really do understand how exhausting and frustrating the situation can be...=Xm just posting to assure you that your situation will get better...a few years along the line' i am nowhere near half as baf as i used to be and i live almost a fully functioning life =) one thing i took comfort in during the difficult times with panic is when you truly feel at your worst, like you do now, you can't get any worse than the worst if you get me hehe the only direction from here is onwards and upwards. However difficult, i found a positive attitude towards getting better helps...it seems all too easy to give up hope and accept your current panicky state...never accept it as how you see yourself always being. You have been without it before therefore you shall be without it again =)
The fact that you have found this website and posted in the forum shows that there is still fight and determination to get better within you!
You take care =)
Lucy xxx

lucy devine
04-08-11, 03:48
Hiya =)
I have felt very similar to how you are now...i'm only 18 but a few years back i was having panic attacks every day and i really do understand how exhausting and frustrating the situation can be...i'm just posting to assure you that your situation will get better...a few years along the line, i am nowhere near half as bad as i used to be and i live almost a fully functioning life =) one thing i took comfort in during the difficult times with panic is when you truly feel at your worst, like you do now, you can't get any worse than the worst if you get me hehe the only direction from here is onwards and upwards. However difficult, i found a positive attitude towards getting better helps...it seems all too easy to give up hope and accept your current panicky state...never accept it as how you see yourself always being. You have been without it before therefore you shall be without it again =)
The fact that you have found this website and posted in the forum shows that there is still fight and determination to get better within you!
You take care =)
Lucy xxx