PDA

View Full Version : Pain in leg

Jules31
06-04-04, 14:47
I'm having a really tough time at the moment and can't rationalise.

Some of you may remember me saying that my left leg was heavy a while ago. It was mainly in my thigh but went sometimes into my calf.

However for the past week and a half I've been getting pains and aches in my left calf. They are sort of just below my knee and sometimes radiate into the back of my thigh and my foot. My foot has felt tingly a couple of times. Over the last few days I have noticed them more, ie they are there all the time virtually.

I have no swelling, redness or heat but I am obsessing that I might have a blood clot. I don't really have any high risk factors, I'm only on the mini pill which I don't think is a cause for concern. Though I have been worrying because I've had a few days over the last few weekends where I've had up to 14 hours sleep. I'm scared being in bed this long could have harmed me.

Sometimes when I touch my leg I think it feels a bit tender and then other times not. It does feel stiff when I walk

Please tell me this is nothing to worry about. I'm so busy at work that I have no time to go to the drs

Of course I've got lots of dizziness and other anxiety symptoms too.

Jules

sadie
06-04-04, 18:26
Hi Jaules,

Firstly I am no doctor but I wouldnt think the symptoms you are experiencing are a blood clot. My cousin had a blood clot in their leg and beleive me they couldnt walk at all, his leg was sore too touch and bruised etc...

I too experience pains in my legs including my calf muscles too and again these pains can be caused by anxiety. People with anxiety get pains in all different parts of the body, legs, back, neck, head, arms, chest etc etc.

Have you done anything in the form of exercise or moved any furniture etc lately? Sometimes you dont get the pains until a few days later.

Also whenI change from wearing my high heels to a flat shoe and Im doing a bit of walking I always suffer from leg pains particularly in my calf muscles.

Lastly, I read somewhere that pains in the legs can be a sign of mineral deficiency...I'm not 100% sure which one but I think it could be Mangnesuim. (maybe Meg will correct me on this one!)

Try and not worry, I definetly wouldnt think your pains are due to blood clot at all, but another symptoms of stress and anxiety.

Take care

sadie

twister
06-04-04, 20:51
Hi Jules

I suffer from pains in my calves too and have spent days panicking that I have blood clots. At one point I got really obsessive and spent hours checking my legs.

Now I just accept that it is pain caused by tensing my muscles and is often worse in the morning.

If you are worried go and see your doctor but only ONCE and for reassurance - then accept that is is not a blood clot.

Emily

p.s I have pains in my calf today but that is because of the evil climbing machine at the gym!!!!!

Emily

Jules31
07-04-04, 09:02
Thanks guys I wouldn't usually worry but I'm even waking up with the feeling when I'm lying still. I really will try and not worry.

Hope you are ok

Jules