PDA

View Full Version : Books

strawberry1756
04-08-11, 08:40
Hi does anyone know any good biographys about anyone who has suffered with bad anxiety and then recovered? Thanks

pia
04-08-11, 09:37
No, But im thinking of writing one- when i recover!
Be interesting to read one though, let us know if you find anything.
xxx

Horse
04-08-11, 11:19
I have been considering writing one for the past 6 months.

Not so much as someone who has suffered and is now cured (which I am not), but from a point of view of coping with living with the illness for over 40 years.

In my opinion, Anxiety is a very personal problem which can and will manifest itself in a multitude of symptoms and therefore affect an individual with various degrees of intensity, all of which are unpleasant and to a certain degree in control of most of our lives on a daily basis.

I have lost count of the Doctors, Psychotherapists, Psychiatrists, etc, etc, that I have seen over the years starting from the age of 14 up until now at 57 and I do not think there has been a single one which has not given me a bottle of pills to swallow in order to try and cure me. Needless to say, none of these has had any effect apart from making me a zombie!

Fifteen years ago I started to study Psychology (before my Anxiety was bad enough to restrict my going to college). I discovered more about why I was feeling the way I was than any 'professional' had ever told me and I also discovered that I knew more about the terrible illness than most so called experts (with endless letters after their name) could ever claim!

As my mature years start to bless me with wisdom and knowledge, I can safely state on my honour that the cure for this illness lies inside us all! The hardest part is finding it and dealing with it once we have found it. Each of us are different and therefore suffer differently. Some will just have a mild case of bad nerves and others will be crippled by panic and fear on a regular basis, a prisoner inside their own body.

I feel more people would benefit from a book written by a life long sufferer than any doctor who claims a cure who hasn't even suffered the disease or experienced the symptoms!

Just my opinion.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!

Horse.

nomorepanic
04-08-11, 11:39
Here is one - Paul used to be a member on here:

http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/

Horse
04-08-11, 12:11
Recommended!