PDA

View Full Version : TMJ

lelespears
04-08-11, 09:23
Anyone had this.. What were your symptoms?

I have loads of neck jaw and ear pain, lump in throat feeling, tight neck, sore glands, & I don't know if it's my reflux or TMJ I have a clicking jaw on the same side and it's killing me..

Lele x

lelespears
04-08-11, 16:23
No one...?

tinkerbelle84
04-08-11, 19:25
Hi I've had a clicky jaw for years.I've been reassured that medically its common and not serioud.it can give you earache and neck pain as well.

Xxxx

lelespears
04-08-11, 22:05
Thank you! Do you get flare ups ? Does your throat hurt?

Lele x

lelespears
05-08-11, 16:48
My jaw is agony today, and it feels like my throat is swollen on one side the side where my jaw clicks. It feels like there's a lump in my throat is this normal? Feels like something is stuck in my neck.

BKF1515
19-08-11, 09:43
I have TMJ that has been building up for months now. I have it in the form of a headache and pain at the top of the back of my neck. I have had a headache for about 9 months straight and was only diagnosed with TMJ about two months ago - so you see how bad it can get! My other symptoms were what felt like sore glands in my throat but were actually overdeveloped muscles, plugged ear, aches behind my face, etc.

The problem is that there is such a psychological component to this. Tension causes us to clench when we don't realise it (I even clench when I am hungry and feel better after I eat). The pain can be so acute at times that I have been to the ER and have had multiple head and neck scans by neurologists. I hope you are feeling better already. My journey has been long and pain-filled but I am finally seeing some improvement and having more better days than bad ones.

lelespears
22-08-11, 13:40
Hi thanx for that! How do you control yours??

Lele xx

MidnightCalm
22-08-11, 15:22
I have TMJ that has been building up for months now. I have it in the form of a headache and pain at the top of the back of my neck. I have had a headache for about 9 months straight and was only diagnosed with TMJ about two months ago - so you see how bad it can get! My other symptoms were what felt like sore glands in my throat but were actually overdeveloped muscles, plugged ear, aches behind my face, etc.

The problem is that there is such a psychological component to this. Tension causes us to clench when we don't realise it (I even clench when I am hungry and feel better after I eat). The pain can be so acute at times that I have been to the ER and have had multiple head and neck scans by neurologists. I hope you are feeling better already. My journey has been long and pain-filled but I am finally seeing some improvement and having more better days than bad ones.

Wow, I always thought I had tmj but always imagined it could ever feel as bad as this with the constant pain in my jaw, in the back of my head, forehead, tension and just general pain. The tension is in my opinion causin some of my balance issues too, it's affecting my hearing and also makes my teeth hurt.
I feel like there's a massive pressure building up in my head.

lelespears
22-08-11, 20:40
Does anyone get the lump in the throat sensation with this? More on the same side as the TMJ pain, sometimes I feel from my ear right down the right side to my collar bone it feels all tight & sore..

Lele x

lelespears
31-08-11, 10:07
Bump...

BKF1515
31-08-11, 20:02
yes, I think what you describe are (possible) symptoms of TMJ - some people wake up in the morning with earache, jaw stiffness, etc. b/c they have been clenching while they sleep and don't realise it.

lelespears
27-11-11, 11:26
Anyone else have this?

MarioKartGirl
30-11-11, 16:49
Hi there,

I used to have awful TMJ on my right side... Most times the pain would be so bad I wanted throw up. Took ages to work out what it was (I thought it was my ear). The NHS couldn't really do anything for me (other than surgery, which they said may have made the problem worse). So I had acupuncture in 2009 and, to my astonishment, it worked and I am pretty much pain-free! I get twinges every now and then but very rarely, and nothing like I used to get. Before I would get pain at any sign of stress, but I am going through the worst and most stressful thing ever (bereavement) and no pain at all. It really worked for me. I hope you get some relief too :)

lelespears
30-11-11, 17:04
Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for your reply. Did you used to get neck pain with yours and the feeling of a right throat? Like something was lodged in it, my jaw & ear ache too. X

nilepalace304
30-11-11, 17:16
Had TMJ for almost a year once and yes lump in throat too. went to ent doctor had camera down and guess what nothing there. as soon as he showed me it went away.... good luck

MarioKartGirl
07-12-11, 16:54
I didn't get pain with mine but I felt like my head was swollen on the pain side, and I also felt very sick with it. If you need to ask me anything else, please do. You can recover from this :)