PDA

View Full Version : Please Allow me to Introduce Myself...

HarvestMoon
04-08-11, 11:11
I've been feeling pretty bad for the past few days and found this forum via a Google search. You all seem pretty friendly and supportive and I could do with some of that! I was, or still am, a member of another forum which, thanks to a couple of individuals, was a little intimidating and judgmental. To me anyway. So here I am.

I've had a look around and been genuinely humbled by some of the stories and what some people have gone through, and still are.

But anyway...hello to you all! I don't know where to start, there is a lot to say and maybe some of it will come out as time goes by. I'm here because I feel soooooooo empty and sooooooo tired. Had a bit of a meltdown on Sunday past where I behaved like a child and threw things about. Took Monday off work and went to the doctors. I have been referred for counseling. It being NHS I will probably have to wait for some time! At the moment I am existing and going through the motions but I feel on the edge as if I am about to fall apart. I'm not young, 53, and have had various social anxiety issues throughout my life with odd bits of depression and some short-term counseling. Although not diagnosed with Aspergers I share many, if not most, Aspie traits and can really relate to those who are. Most of all I feel like a failure and can see no future. I think that will do for now!

nomorepanic
04-08-11, 11:19
Hi HarvestMoon

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Yorkman
04-08-11, 11:41
Welcome, I'm new here myself and the help and support is helping me as I have no one to talk to about my feelings.
Good luck

Vanilla Sky
04-08-11, 23:00
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

venusbluejeans
05-08-11, 02:01
Hiya and wecome to NMP I hope you find the site as usefull as I have and make plenty of new friends along the way :D

:welcome: