PDA

View Full Version : New to HA

Geob
04-08-11, 14:49
Hello,

First I have to say that this forum has helped me A LOT. I've managed to become less stress after I started reading it.

Anyway, I've never been nervous about symptoms or little things I feel in my body. About 2 months ago I found this little lump in my testicle and decided to google it (BIG mistake, I know). Well, I got really worried I could have testicular cancer. I went to the doctor and it was just a normal cyst, very common.

About 1 week after that I woke up with a little pain in the right side of my neck and started obsessivly touching my neck, until I finally noticed a lump. The pain went away and I could still feel the lump. I googled it again... Got completely worried about lymphoma. Then I noticed I also had this clicking in my right ear when I swallow (same side where I noticed the lump).

I went to the doctor and he felt all my lymph nodes and told me there was nothing unusual in my neck. I got really relieved for a day or two. Then I started to get very anxious in the morning (always in the morning!), wondering that perhaps the doctor missed something. I got so worried I went to an ENT to have a look at my ear. He didn't see anything wrong there, he felt my lymph nodes and didn't see anything wrong either and told me to relax. Well, I relaxed for a couple of days and then my anxiety kicked in again in the morning.

Then last week I got so completely worried I ended up having a panic attack. That day was terrible. I felt totally depressed. Afer that I decided never to google anything again. Whenever I feel the urge to google something I google the symptom plus "site:http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk", so I will only see results from this forum. This has helped me a lot.

After I had the panic attack I stopped having severe morning anxiety like I used to. I was able to rationalize that if I had some sort of cancer in my neck or head it would already have grown and made my ear clicking much worse, or would have already caused some other symptom.

Now I still have this anxiety, but it's not all the time. It's just for brief moments, usually in the morning. For instance: I've always had floaters in my eye. But today I thought they were much worse and I got very very anxious. That's when I decided to write this post.

I started seeing a therapist this week and she said I should write down what I'm feeling (either phisically or emotionally) whenever I get the anxiety. So I decided to write and post it here, since this forum has helped me so much.

What a long post!

Bye! :)