PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy

Wenjoy
05-05-06, 17:11
HI everyone.
Well I finally went to my dr today to update my HRT meds and told him about my panic attacks - especially when in crowded hot places and closed rooms - I actually felt panicky talking to him and he reckons hypnotherapy willl help and has given me a couple of phone numbers in my area to try - he says it will help me control my panic so I dont escalate it. I am also asthmatic so hyperventilate - so hopefully I will get help through hypnotherapy. They are shut now til monday but will call them next week - am actually sh.t scared about this but also intrigued - it will hopefully help - will get back to you when I have some news. Anyone else had any hypno for panic attacks?? Wenjoy[}:)]

tnt808
05-05-06, 17:42
Hi,

I've had hypnotherapy for my phobia, but not panic attacks. For me unfortunately it didn't work as I had hoped....but just know that it is not the end all. It does work for a lot of ppl...and I know it has really helped a lot of ppl on here.

Good Luck,

Tina

carlin
05-05-06, 17:45
Hi there, I had hypnotherapy a while back, it did help me enormously with panic attacks, the only reason i only had a few sessions was the extreme cost? I also found (forgive me for being forward) that my panic increased as I approached the menopause. Please give it a go and will look forward to hearing how well you have got on with it. take care and keep in touch.

Wenjoy
05-05-06, 18:06
Hi Carlin
Thanks for your comments - I will let you all know how it goes - the menopause is a pain isnt it!!!!!!!!!!! x Wenjoy

joolsukuk
06-05-06, 11:55
hi wenjoy i have just downloaded some and they are free one is paul mckenna and two thers so have a lookon net for some to try at home too, good luck with it.

jools xx

Karen
06-05-06, 12:10
Hi Wenjoy

I've had hypnotherpy and found it to be a great help, both with anxiety and also with my social phobia.

The most important things are to find a therapist who is registered with one of the main hypnotherapy registers and also someone you feel you can built a rapport with. Speak to a couple and then make your decision.

I would definitely recommend it.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Dylansmum
08-05-06, 08:37
I have looked into this a great deal and it is best to find a hypnotherapist who is registered with the IAH (Institute of Analytical Hypnotherapists). Just do a search on IAH for a list of therapists in your area. These therapists are all specially trained to deal with phobias, anxiety, nervous disorders etc. and have a very high success rate. It is a modern approach to hypnotherapy.

More information can be obtained from the IAH website.

Sarah x

Sarah x

lizmarshall
08-05-06, 10:24
Hi Wenjoy,

I had hypnothearpy about 8 weeks ago, only had 3 sessions but so far so good, i am almost panic free, i still have the odd one and they are very very mild and i would say it's more anxious than panic.

Go for it and see if it helps, it certainly cant make them any worse.

Good luck hunny.

Liz

Keitharcher
08-05-06, 19:45
Hi wenjoy

yes I had hypnitherapy and it worked for me

Keith

Wenjoy
08-05-06, 19:51
Thanks one and all for your helpful replies. Havent been able to get an appointment till a fortnight away as they are so busy with stressed anxious patients!!! Will let you know how I get on x Wenjoy

nomorepanic
08-05-06, 21:04
I had it ...

How Hypnotherapy can help with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=hypnotherapy)

Nicola