PDA

View Full Version : Tremor/trembling in legs and health anxiety

littlebylittle
04-08-11, 21:45
Hi all,

I'm new to posting on the website. Over the last month or so I've noticed a tremor in my left leg, I notice it on the clutch and when I'm standing still.

It gets worse when I'm anxious and then it affects both my legs (quite a lot recently) and I can't stop worrying about it.

I have had health anxiety and general anxiety since my teens (I'm 31 now) and finally had CBT for it four years ago. It's upsetting because I thought I had cracked it back then!

My question is this. I know what it is like to live in a constant state of anxiety exmaining my body and symptoms (and everyone else's for that matter :-() But how do you get to that stage where you can tell the difference between a 'real' symptom of something serious and anxiety? Do you ever?

If anyone else has any ideas please share them? Does anyone have anything that works for them? I long for the day when I can stop over-analysing and thinking that everything has to be an incurable condition...

Little x :unsure:

kah
05-08-11, 08:38
Hi,
I'm sorry I don't have the answer, I wish I did!!! Just wanted to say that I get the leg tremors but also get it in my hands too. They shake so much that it's difficult to pick things up sometimes and when my legs do it they feel so weak it feels like they might give way.
I'm starting hypnotherapy next week and will of course let everyone know if it works :)

Kerri-anne xx