PDA

View Full Version : Where did that come from?

debs71
05-08-11, 11:55
Hello Friends,

Well my panic came back with a vengeance this morning.

I got up, felt fine, went downstairs to get some breakfast and felt a sudden wave of nausea and weakness. I overlooked it and started to walk to the living room with breakfast in hand and had to sit down quickly as I felt I would faint. Then KAPOW...I was hyperventilating and everything was going black. I had to call my Dad to help me through it.

This is so frustrating as I have been fine for ages. I went to two big events recently - my cousin's hen do and her wedding the following week without any anxiety and then - out of nowhere - this.

I have been stressing for weeks (mostly below the surface) about the ending of my 18 month relationship (my texts have been ignored and my boyfriend did not contact me to say he wanted to end things) but I have kept it mostly under my hat and just been getting on with stuff.

Maybe that is the culprit.

Maybe I should just see this as a blip. I am determined not to raise my meds again.

Just needed to vent folks.xxxx:blush:

suzy-sue
05-08-11, 14:15
Hi Debs sorry this has happened ,It could have been due to low blood sugar or if you had just eaten your vegus nerve ..Either way sometimes it just happens unfortunately .Underlying anx can be a trigger especially in the morning due to the cortisone released ...I had a similar experience last week sitting on the loo ...:blush:Hasnt happened for nearly 3 years so came as a shock .IS funny thinking about it now tho .,There I sat with IBS ,pains.. sweating ..and having palps with my head over the sink retching like a good un :wacko:.. Try to not let it play on your mind and carry on doing like you have been .You are doing well lately.. Dont let one little incident spoil that ..T/c Sue x

snowgoose
05-08-11, 14:47
Hi Debs :)

what a b****r this anxiety demon is ........biting when we least expect it :mad:

hope you feel better now .......Suzy Sue has nailed the reasons I believe [ thinking of you Sue :flowers:] ...........and morning time always seems to be the flash point for a lot of us .
yesterday my legs wouldnt behave and hold me up [two ton tess I know but ] .....and dry retching first thing ...........oh the joys eh?

think you are doing fantastic given your ex boyfriend being so appallingly cruel .

a blip it was Debs .........and onward you go with dignity and determination.

:hugs:

KayleighJane
05-08-11, 15:29
Hi debs,

I am very sure its just a blip for you, we all get blips every now and again and I am sure you will be feeling better again in no time :D

Kayleigh xx

macc noodle
05-08-11, 15:34
Sorry to hear that Debs - panic is a stealthy little swine creeps up when we least expect it!

I have just returned from a very frustrating session with my therapist who is intent on pursing a particular model of therapy with me that involved dealing with my "panic" which is great but what i really want help with is the health anxiety and abject fear of hospitals (even as a visitor) and docs.

Apparently this model, if followed properly, can banish panic forever !!! well watch this space hun - if it works I shall share!!!!

Hope you feeling better today :)

Macc Noodle
xxx

debs71
05-08-11, 22:00
Oh thank you all so much for your lovely replies, they have really helped me keep my chin up xx:hugs:

You are all stars.xxx:yesyes:

KayleighJane
06-08-11, 19:04
Hope your feeling better now :hugs:

debs71
06-08-11, 19:33
Thanks so much kjane. Yes, I'm just trying to look at it as a blip as I don't want to stir up the anxiety again.

Thanks again.xxx:bighug1:

Hazel B
06-08-11, 19:56
I am sure it was a blip, they can just come when you're not expecting it. You seem to have been really strong coping with things lately, so maybe it just needed to come out a bit as release. You've come so far, don't let it knock you back.:hugs:

peace and love05
06-08-11, 20:14
Hey all im new to this and just want to say hello to everyone we are all in this crazy ride together and its nice we can all lean on each other :)
Debs so sorry to hear whats happened and I have had similar all my anxiety is subconcious and my first one i had no idea why or what. More than likely the personal issues are a big player in this blip. Dont dwell on it and try to not think about anxiety at all if it can be helped.

Mine started 2 years ago after a roller coaster year of blackmail from mum, suicide attempts from dad after they split,my partner of 4years cheating and ending up homeless coz i couldnt afford my flat on my own then my gran passing (alot to happen in just over a year). :mad:
None of which i dealt with (im a brush it of carry on girl)
Then bag amost 2yrs on one day at work my face got pins and needles i felt sick dizzy and had to rush to the toilet after the one attack and my new boyfriend collecting me most worried it carried on every day for months i had countless gp appointments and nero appts and bullying at work as they thought i was faking for time off (muppets!!!) then it started to wake me at nights only at 1 am every night racing heart and sweats and a rush to the loo almost every night.
My partner became so worried he took it on himself to tell my work i was leaving without me knowing. It was a huge relief to be out of the whispering bitchy enviroment and since the night attacks did carry on but started to slowly occur less and less as months went on and i dealt with my issues. im now happy with my new partner not new anymore 2 1/2years later i have just had my first 6 months attack free.:yesyes:

My point is if you have someone you can lean on at home do it even if like me you feel you will burden them (you wont)

Any issues emotional or not address them dont lock it away it will bubble and come to a head as an attack or multiple attacks.

If its work as yourself do you need to put up with it you always have a choice to seek new employment.(even in our climate after time you can find alternatives)

In your case Debs it maybe hard but if your getting no replies then the question to ask yourself is "Is he worth it if he can even justify a reply out of respect or courtasy?"
I remember giving the cheating ex a second chance we arranged to meet and a day before we were due to meet he sent me a text meant for the other female he cheated with followed by the same message seconds later with name changes to fit me. It always hurts but in the end the true colours show and i was glad he slipped up. coz my partner now has been a God send and i would be lost without him :D

Col
07-08-11, 00:09
What a t***!

Bless you hope your feeling better now, think mornings can be dodgy with regards to blood sugar levels BUT, i think your ex boyfriend stuff probably got to you and triggered it. So just a blip I think you sound as strong as an ox and will be fine, easier said than done at times like this , but your health isn't worth loosing over any man.

Takecare :winks:

JaneC
07-08-11, 23:51
Hi Debs, sorry I am so late in replying to this :hugs:, hope you haven't had further panics and just wanted to offer you some reassurance. I have no doubt the stress of what your boyfriend (nasty man) has done has a major role in this - I've also had a few panics lately which I am sure is due to some bad stuff I have going on. I am also not keen to up my meds.

Of three situations in which I have panicked, I have had to confront two of them again – one just a few hours ago - and not panicked :yahoo:. So just to say, yes it can just be a blip and it doesn't have to mean an ongoing return of that hell. Hope you are ok sweetie and that you are managing to not let this develop into anything long-lasting. Thinking about you xxx

debs71
08-08-11, 20:11
In your case Debs it maybe hard but if your getting no replies then the question to ask yourself is "Is he worth it if he can even justify a reply out of respect or courtasy?"
I remember giving the cheating ex a second chance we arranged to meet and a day before we were due to meet he sent me a text meant for the other female he cheated with followed by the same message seconds later with name changes to fit me. It always hurts but in the end the true colours show and i was glad he slipped up. coz my partner now has been a God send and i would be lost without him :D

OMG that is awful, peace and love!! What a terrible thing to just swap the names to suit. You are right to see it as a blessing in disguise, especially if you have met someone great now.

You are right of course about my situation. I keep telling myself he isn't worth my tears if he has so little respect for me, it just hurts so much as I trusted him not to treat me with such contempt. All I expected was for him to be a man, have some balls and tell me like an adult. To just not reply to me without warning really hurts.:weep:

Thanks too for your replies Col and Jane...xxxx :)

You are both so right. I cannot allow this man to set me back. I have been doing well lately, and I think that is because I have been bloody minded in not falling back with my anxiety and depression, I just have to keep that mentality going despite everything and like you say, see this as a blip.

Love and thanks to all.xxx:bighug1:

KayleighJane
09-08-11, 10:23
Its true debs, you can't let one idiot of a "man" set you back and I am glad to hear you are not letting that happen :yesyes:

You keep going with what your doing and you won't go far wrong with that :D

debs71
09-08-11, 11:01
Thanks so much kjane for your support....it really helps me.xxxx:hugs:

Kiltieman
09-08-11, 13:14
Hi Debs
I'm new here but can understand exactly what your talking about albeit I'm ok nowadays and I'm sure you will be too. I had a bout of depression after sept11th and after it thankfully i was able to keep on the straight and level by firm reasoning with myself. I just have a minor niggly phobia now which i'd like to resolve. Had it from a child but its helped here already.
Hope you feel better soon and get right onto the up again.

Cheers from Kiltie