PDA

View Full Version : Bladder /gynae problems -escitraplam?

Gailgwl
05-08-11, 12:47
I have what I thought was cystitus/UTI for about 5 weeks. It started after beginning a course of escitraplam which I stopped taking even though my GP said it probably wasn't them because I hadn't actually got urinary retention. However I still have constant burning internally and externally, I have had 3 courses of tabs and all my urine tests are negative.Has anyone else had this problem as I am becoming to become really worried about other 'sinister' causes? In addition I am due to have a laproscopy for possible uterine adhesions next week and am wondering if 1. they could be a cause of the bladder problems,2. if it might stop the operation or 3. if the op could make it worse. GP has not been much help just saying go a long for the op and tell them and maybe they will look at my bladder at the same time (hardly likely I would have thought.)Have had HA for years and was proudly feeling quite calm about having laproscopy for gynae pain but now I have become really worried about urinary problems and what they might find in both areas. Cant take my mind off it as am constantly uncomfortable.Anyone had similar problems?

JaneC
06-08-11, 09:45
Hi Gail, I know nothing about uterine adhesions - perhaps you could ask when you are at hospital if there's a chance that they can cause bladder problems.

Other than that, I used to have symptoms of UTI without infection. I was diagnosed with irritable bladder (stress and anxiety are a factor in that) and put on medication, which has helped a lot. Something to ask your GP about? x

Gailgwl
06-08-11, 10:30
Thanks for reply , am reassured to know that someone else has had uti without infection and it not being anything more serious.just feeling fed up that have developed something else just before op date that until now ive been unusally calm about and GP has said go for this op and then come back and he will refer me to urologist, seems endless.
Uti started week after started escitraplam so dont want to try any similar meds at the mo.