PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping tips needed

Yorkman
05-08-11, 18:02
Hi,
How can I get a good sleep, I'm
Exhausted . I've got zopiclone But I wake up at 2am with 1 tablet Therefore only getting say 2 hrs sleep.
I might take 2 tonight as I'm off work tomorrow. Will I sleep longer ?

Feeling crap with it all now! Really anxious and nervy all the time.
Just started citalopram aswell this week , but i wasn't sleeping before anyway.

snowgoose
05-08-11, 18:43
Hi ........feel for you ...lack of sleep is hell.

you need some time off from work to get yourself together and the side effects of the meds stable .

if you keep on pushing this feeling as you do at work you hate .then you will never be back to the man you ARE .

Go back to GP and say you need some time . it is nothing to be ashamed of at all yorkman :hugs:................

tyke is so wise .listen to him . ............this opportunity for new job may well be the one to help you . you are capable and able :yesyes:

just have a week or two off work to focus on what you need and read loads xx
time well spent for your future health :hugs:

vicky23
05-08-11, 19:51
hi I find chamomile tea helps me to sleep.
If you can't sleep because of worries, try writing them down, or distraction techniques like counting backwards in 4's.
Make sure you have a good wind down routine, like an hour before you're going to bed do something you find relaxing like read, have a bath with lavender oil in, watch some tv as long as it's nothing exciting. Go to bed to sleep, don't read or watch tv in bed or anything that will stimulate the mind.
Get exercise during the day but not near bedtime.
Have some warm milk, there's also a herb called valerian which is very good for helping you sleep but it's really quite powerful so probably good to take it for the first time when you have a day off the next day.
that's all I can think of for now!

nomorepanic
05-08-11, 20:05
Try this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49569

Yorkman
05-08-11, 22:10
Thanks, isn't valerian in kalms??
Not sure it's safe with my meds

Ingenious
06-08-11, 15:41
Zopiclone is supposed to work by helping you get off to sleep rather than to keep you asleep, also you need to be wary of using it too much because that class of drug can become addictive (leading to it not working as well in the long term, and creating problems when you stop).

Things that have helped my sleep include more exercise, better diet, and cutting out my evening cup of coffee :) Have you tried anything relaxing at or before bedtime like a warm bath, reading, etc?

If you are waking up early is there anything causing this? Noise, uncomfortable bed, too much light coming in, something else disturbing you?

sleepy1
08-08-11, 00:02
Camomile Tea is my savior. I drink about 3-4 cups a day and find it really helps me.

If I'm really struggling I do put the tv on very low and sort of drift off with a boring channel, something like late night roulette lol. Then before I know it I'm asleep, but if you can avoid tv altogether I would. It's usually my last resort.

I tend to get plagued by negative thoughts at bedtime so I find that thinking of a holiday or something in detail makes me feel a little better and settles me more.

JaneC
08-08-11, 00:21
Lavender oil or the Body Shop's Deep Sleep oil (I think that's what it's called) on your pillow are worth a try. Hopefully things will settle down once you've been on the cit a bit longer. Meantime, I wonder if your doc might consider trying you on temazepam rather than zopiclone? I was given this recently and while I wasn't very keen on the idea, it works well for me. I certainly wouldn't take it more than 2 or 3 nights a week but it might help you break the cycle till the cit kicks in. I hope things improve - insomnia is torture! x

PS, I'd be cautious about taking anything with valerian in it, there's a lot of conflicting advice about whether it's ok to take with SSRIs or not.

Michealleo
09-08-11, 07:34
Well try to keep u aways from stress things . and eat healthy food and never eat ur food before going in bed . i know the worse thing peoples do when the eat before going in bed then their digestive system dont work properly and food dont get digest and then can't sleep good .

Rachel_123
10-08-11, 15:32
if im having a bad nights sleep or a period of insomnia then this is what i do:

i take one lexotan(bromazopam 3mg) then listen to my relaxation anti-anxiety meditation with deep muscle relaxation integrated .

really helps!

i also sprinkle lavender on my sheets :)

ponting
11-08-11, 03:03
Well what I have read from your post , according to that I would recommend some tips for sleep as follows

You must have to eat meal at dinner 2 hours before gong to bed
You must have to sleep at 10:00 pm which is the ideal time to sleep
You need to take simple food