PDA

View Full Version : Victimrecovery Newbee introduction

Victimrecovery
05-08-11, 21:13
I hope this is okay to do here.

I first started suffering from the symptoms of panic disorder back in 1988.
At that time the symptoms were heaviness in the chest area.
This would hit from time to time, until in the 1990s while visiting back home after being out of contact for a while, the symptoms shifted to numbness all over my body from head to toe. This was the worse panic attack I still to date have ever experienced. (There were deep rooted relationship issues between me and my father for many years growing up).
I grew to face some childhood fears over the next decade and suffered very little panic attacks, but anger/ and escaping were real issues.
Dad died in 2001.

Here at 44 and getting ready to turn 45 next monday over the past months I have suffered and increasing amount of panic attacks. The symptoms are nausia and tingling in the head/ears/hands/ feet/ anal and growen areas.

I have done some more counselling and have developed my personal theory that I truly have been a victim in the past, and panic attacks were a logitimate result, but I am having the time of my life now and the UNKNOWN is really the crucks of that my panic attacks are about these days. I had survived in the mode of victim for so many decades. Now, that I am not faced with those monsters, I am terrorfied that the second shoe will drop just anytime.

Thanks for letting me share with all of you who I am :)

Dan

diane07
05-08-11, 21:14
Hi Victimrecovery

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

kinnygirl1
05-08-11, 21:49
Hi there. welcome to NMP. I am a newbee too and already had so much support.

Good luck with your recovery

Kinnygirl1 x :welcome:

venusbluejeans
06-08-11, 02:25
Hiya and wecome to NMP I hope you find the site as usefull as I have and make plenty of new friends along the way :biggrin:

:welcome: