PDA

View Full Version : Really don't know what to do?????

marie ross
06-05-06, 03:01
Hi, I posted a message about being to scared to take meds, well i'm still in the same situation, scared but have to do something about it, but i can't. I always feel guilty about seeing a doctor, unless i've got blood pouring from some sort of wound, i've been to to see many doctors, but i've always come away feeling stupid. My last doctor did recognise the problem (tooo Late) but i don't want to go back and ask for help. I'm in such a sorry state now, can't go into shops, now with the sunshine i'm ..... well basically a wreck. My mum came to visit me last weekend and i had a major panic attack in the middle of a DIY store, i don;t know why, i had all the people i trust and who knew albout problems. Should i go on meds, i dont't know what meds would suit me. ReALLY I AM SCARED, WHAT'S WRONG WIT H ME, it's got so much worse

Coni
06-05-06, 06:41
Hi Marie,

Sorry to hear you're still having such a rough time. I'm like you about going to the doctors....I reached crisis point before I went when I first became anxious and depressed, and it was only when I had reached the point where I didnt know where to turn (I ended up crying in his office for about 20 mins ), that I finally just gave in.

Is there an understanding doctor or nurse in your practice you could go to instead of your regular one.....or if you have young children maybe your health visitor? Remember its their job to try and help you. You could discuss your fears of medication and basically just tell them how bad you've been feeling (maybe write down some notes before you go...I always forget what I want to say I get so anxious). It sounds as if your having a horrible time, so why not take a deep breath and ask for some help.

I spent last summer as a virtual recluse, even hiding in my bedroom with the blinds closed so no one would know I was home, so I can understand some of what youre feeling. I felt there was no choice, I had to see my GP, my life wasnt worth living the way I was. I had to do it for my family as well.

Maybe you could take a good friend or family member with you for support (even if they just sit in the waiting room). Please dont feel guilty for needing help....we all need support at some point in our lives, and as Ive said its your GPs job to help and advise you regarding your health.

And remember you've got everyone on here to offer support too.

Take care Marie

Coni x

Yvonne
06-05-06, 11:31
Marie-Ross

I know exactly how you feel - I hate panics with every inch of my being.

I've been more panicky recently. What really really upsets me is that I keep going into situations which make me panic and I just let the panic take me - it's horrible but that is supposed to be the way to deal with it. However, the next day I get the same panicky feeling in the same shop.

Sometimes I get to the stage where I won't go into a panic. My panics make me feel like bursting into tears and sometimes I just can't handle it.

Go to see your doc. my god you have every right. Your pain may not be on the outside but it most certainly is going on inside.

Take care.

Yvonne

Y Goble

joolsukuk
06-05-06, 12:02
hi my first doc visit for panic 11 years ago he told me i should eat more (weightloss due to anxiety) and i left in tears!! took me 4 more years till i went to another doc he was my saviour closed the curtains let me cry and said he would help i went on meds (seroxat) and they were great had a normal life. i am having a bad time at mo as been off meds for 14months and had some attaks but my doc has put me back on med (after trying counselling) but please go to doc if he no help see another dont give up good luck

jools xx

Yvonne
06-05-06, 14:19
Jools

Have you gone back on Seroxat? If you have I would be interested in how you progress with it. I went into a very bad withdrawal when I came off it - and when I started taking it again it didn't work - I would like to hear how you get on with it a second time.

Take care
Yvonne

Y Goble