PDA

View Full Version : Horrid stomach feeling

panicpanda
05-08-11, 23:29
I've been taking propranolol 40mg quick release as and when needed for the last two weeks after a horrendous time when my adrenaline would just not stop pumping, terrifying stuff. I also took it a few years ago for migraine, not that it helped, but didn't get any side effects.

They're working well for the physical symptoms, as I wanted, but I find I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, as if something's dying inside of me, and it destroys my appetite for a few hours. I've found the only way around it is to eat before I take it so it can't stop me from eating my meals and I also split the pill in half if my tummy's already a bit iffy (most days..).

I just wondered if anyone else had this horrible feeling as well? The past few days haven't been as bad, so it may be my anxiety causing the feeling, but propranolol definately makes it worse, especially if I have the whole pill.

jmoid
13-08-11, 00:52
Hiya, I don't have exactly the same symptoms but Propranolol often makes me feel a bit queasy, and it works better for me on a full stomach.

I've seen upset stomach listed as a common side-effect a few times on the web.

pebble-69
24-09-11, 12:43
yes I have had the exact feeling on propranolol. I wake every morning and have to go to the toilet ..my stomach feels knotted all the time. my doc wants me to stop them now as he has put me on paroxatine now. I woke this morning and I feel very shaky and sick..I just want to wake one morning and feel normal to face the day

Carrera74
24-09-11, 13:27
I'm taking the slow release tablets and for the first few days it zapped my appetite. Didn't last ling though lol.