PDA

View Full Version : Twitching

j2
06-08-11, 02:02
I have had some form of twitching for several years. I get aches and pains sometimes I feel so weak. I "know" this is anxiety but I get twitching everywhere and then i start to think and I am sure I am going to die. It is worse when I am tired or stressed (which all the time). I take magnesium and try to relax but nothing seems to help. I have tried SSRI's and they did nothing for me. If someone can share their story with me about years of twitching that may help.

Thanks

egreen
07-08-11, 14:35
I have been twitching for several years myself! Also aches and pains along with cramps, especially in my legs, feet, hip and shoulder. There's always a twitch somewhere on my body at all times, it keeps moving around. I can have twitching "hot spots" for days even weeks. Calfs, fingers/thumbs and ears are common places for me. Calfs twitch 24/7 by the way. It will get MUCH worse if I'm stressed out or if I think about this too much. Had terrible fear of ALS and MS, and this will not make it any better, trust me! My neuro ruled out ALS and a MRI ruled out MS. The neuro said I have benign fasciculations. I have managed to somewhat accept this, and my twitching has improved, but not disappeared. The ALS/MS fear will flare up now and again, but then I'm thinking that if this was anything serious, I sure would have had some more symptoms by now.
Please don't worry too much about this, I know exactly what you are going through. Just remember that these twitches are VERY common, and if it is anything dangerous it is always accompanied by REAL weakness. Weakness you don't have too look for, like many so often do, but the real kind that you definately will notice right away. And it will not be a "general" weakness, but a pronounced one in a limb (e g cannot lift your coffee cup), and will not improve, just get worse. So my neuro told me. Take care, hope you're feeling better soon.

Regards.

Edit: there is a site which has helped me a lot when my fears were at the worst due to this twitching... www.aboutbfs.com (http://www.aboutbfs.com) I really recommend this board, and it has helped me cope with my symptoms. Don't know what I would have done without it actually, when things looked the darkest waiting for my neuro appointment...and i was in a state of total panic!