PDA

View Full Version : hi im here cause i feel like no one understands me

much79
06-08-11, 20:45
Hi im new here and felt I needed to come along and find others who are experiencing similar problems and issues to me. I've suffered with depression for a number of years but lately my depression has become far worse as i have frequent panic and anxiety attacks. Its got so bad that my confidence and esteem have deteriated and ive had to take time away from work. At the minute i feel like the only people involved in my life are the ones that are paid to see me other than that i talk to my mum on the phone who doesnt understand. I have no friends where i live and find it difficult to do so and now ive also resulted in self-harming becuase i feel like i have no control over anything and no one cares.

nomorepanic
06-08-11, 20:46
Hi much79

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Yorkman
06-08-11, 21:25
Hi,
Please don't self harm! I know how you feel as I am suffering myself and I can't talk to anyone , that's why I am here. I'm suffering with anxiety and panic attacks just as you are.
People here are so friendly and helpfull. Feel free to chat anytime you want.
Just please don't harm yourself, everyone here understands what your going through and cares as they have experienced the low points. I also have lost confidence and can totally understand you. How old are you if I may ask.
Look after yourself please!

Col
06-08-11, 23:53
Hi much79

I'm thinking your about 32 is that right, just guessing from your user name:)
I'm approaching 30 next month dreading it.L

But back to you bless you as yorkman says, please don't hurt yourself, I'm not really in a position to say to u that I understand because we all suffer with depression/ anxiety and other conditions in different ways and to different degrees, BUT please destract yourself if your feeling particularly like you want to hurt yourself. Log on here and chat as much as you want, get stuff of your chest , there's some great people who contribute to this site and it really does help to communicate with people in similar situations.

Takecare and take it easy X

dizzyangel
07-08-11, 03:01
Hi much79

But back to you bless you as yorkman says, please don't hurt yourself, I'm not really in a position to say to u that I understand because we all suffer with depression/ anxiety and other conditions in different ways and to different degrees, BUT please destract yourself if your feeling particularly like you want to hurt yourself. Log on here and chat as much as you want, get stuff of your chest , there's some great people who contribute to this site and it really does help to communicate with people in similar situations.

Takecare and take it easy X

couldn't have said it better.......whenever you feel the urge to self harm-distraction distraction distraction........have you been to your Doctor? I assume you have if you have had to take time off work......what did they say? Are you on medication? If so it doesn't seem to be working......that would need assessing.............most of all-we're all here for you xxxx

venusbluejeans
07-08-11, 03:10
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

Anxious_gal
07-08-11, 04:51
when it feels like no one cares you about then the most important thing is that YOU care :)

M155anthr0p3
09-08-11, 15:45
Hi much79,

I know you haven't given up on yourself or you wouldn't be here.
You will get better, I couldn't go into a supermarket a few months ago.

Keep fighting!

Emily xxx

nigel-
09-08-11, 19:47
the probem is that if the person your talking to has not experienced the problem we get they don't seem to understand the problem....least that's what i found out.
but that sead there are some people that do understand.