PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal Pain's

Trevstan
06-08-11, 22:50
Hi i had a colonoscopy done on Monday and have had stomach pain's since then really... I ended up at hospital on wednesday night to make sure they was no perforated bowel had a chest xray done and all was clear and the doctor's sent me home...

So what i was wondering was can Stress/Anxiety cause the pain's i am having? Or make them worse?

It's driving me nut's!

nomorepanic
06-08-11, 23:03
I am not sure the pain should go on this long Trev.

I am not going to say it is just anxiety seeing as you have had the colonoscopy done.

Not sure what to advise really - maybe a trip to docs on Monday if you can get in?

Trevstan
06-08-11, 23:07
I am not sure the pain should go on this long Trev.

I am not going to say it is just anxiety seeing as you have had the colonoscopy done.

Not sure what to advise really - maybe a trip to docs on Monday if you can get in?

But then it would have shown in the chest xray if anything was wrong?

nomorepanic
06-08-11, 23:16
Yeah it would but it could also be that it takes this long for the bowel to recover - I am just not sure.

Trevstan
06-08-11, 23:20
Same i am just abit worried that they missed anything but the pain is not intense it's just very twingy...

The doc is the hospital said it should sort it self out in a few day's but then it's been a few day's now, it's it only symptom's i am getting is the pain as i am eating fine and done feel hot or sick or anything.

Mirabelle
06-08-11, 23:24
I think if you are eating and your bowel is workng that you are ok.

Trevstan
06-08-11, 23:30
Yeah i am passing stool's fine they are a bit soft.

What i was wondering is i have had blood and mucus in my stool's before and i am getting mucus atm they said my colon was fine... So it's looking like i am going to be diagnosed with IBS... Now could the colonoscopy have inflammed the bowel enough to cause the IBS to irratate my bowel?

Guess i am looking for answer's that are not there i just am sick of seeking medical advice :weep:

Mirabelle
06-08-11, 23:35
You will have to just keep telling yourself that it is anxiety causing these symptoms over and over again.
My HA is around my heart but I have loads of bowel symptoms: diarrhoea, mucus, bloating, wind, cramps, pain and so on but because I have no worries around my bowel I attach no importance to them.
Just shows how anxiety takes hold of things.
Hope you feel better soon
X

macc noodle
06-08-11, 23:36
Trevstan

Sorry to hear you still suffering.

Sounds like you have a bit of sensitivity/bruising in there ;which is causing you discomfort.

If you are passing stools and they are not bloody, then I would say that it will probably be fine and you are just taking a bit longer to recover. We all heal at different rates - so please do not worry.

You did the right thing in going back and being checked out last week.

If you still feel tender Monday, I would pop back to the doctors for a check up just to be sure.

:)

Trevstan
07-08-11, 00:37
I hope so i am driving my girlfriend crazy, and i don't want to end up at hospital again but i do feel more tender down there than i did when i was last in.

But if anything was wrong i am sure they would have seen it on that xray and kept me in.

Anxious_gal
07-08-11, 00:40
How bad is the pain and is it constant?

Trevstan
07-08-11, 00:59
It's like on off pain and not alway's there.

On a scale of 10 maybe's a 4 just very irratating pain.

Anxious_gal
07-08-11, 01:35
Hmm , if pain killers help then that's good :)
I think you may be just a bit bruised some where ?
Where is the pain? I hear pain in the lower part of your tummy is common enough after the procedure.
Maybe heat might help or warm bath with salts .
Sorry to hear you are still in pain x

Trevstan
07-08-11, 01:53
Yeah that's what the doctor at A+E thought that it was either trapped gas or i was tender down there but how long can it last because it's driving me crazy :(...

Worst thing is i havn't had the cance to celebrate that i don't have anything wrong with me because i have felt like this.

Anxious_gal
07-08-11, 03:02
is it the pain that's driving you crazy or the anxiety it causes?
it should start to ease off as the days go by :)

Trevstan
07-08-11, 03:20
I think both the pain is not alway's there but then my anxiety is always thinking about it when is gunna show up.

I just want to get on with my life since i got the the all clear with the colonoscopy, but it always seems to be something else instead, my girlfriend is getting sick i can tell i it's seem's to be pushing us apart.

I was close to going to hospital again but it's more than likely going to feed my anxiety plus my girlfirned would not be happy.

Anxious_gal
07-08-11, 04:40
unless your in complete agony why would you go to hospital? (did you diagnose yourself with something horrid?)
aw sounds like you may have a bit of health anxiety :( I get it too and it makes me overreact to every symptom and convince my self some thing is really wrong.

The best indicator something may be wrong are things like a high fever and pain that's not relived by medication.
It can be hard to be logical and rational when your worried x

This may be bad advice, but from experience I find it best not to talk too much about my fears and anxiety to certain people,
it can start to wear them down.
Bit like that friend who's always depressed and always complains eventually you start to feel a bit fed up with them.

Plus peoples responses to my anxiety worries can do more harm than good and I often end up feeling a bit misunderstood ...

Therapy can be a good place to unload all your worries and have someone really listen to you, same with coming here, you find people who get how your feeling and thinking and can offer some extra support :)

I assume you are living with your girlfriend? That can make it harder too on you.
I know when I'm anxious I prefer to hide away rather than worry if people notice I'm a bit jumpy or trying to hide my anxiety .

Trevstan
07-08-11, 14:29
I am trying to be rational and think its nothing to worrg about but the pain has gotten worse since i left the hospital... But then maybes thats my overeactive mind making the pain worse than what it is...

Yeah i try not to tell my girlfriend how i feel but she always wants me to do something and the way i feel i can't do it...

I dunno what to do!

Trevstan
07-08-11, 16:44
If anything bad had happened during the colonoscopy surely i would have known by now 6 day's on? Also they would have seen it in my chest xray.

Just trying to calm myself here :wacko:

Trevstan
08-08-11, 16:29
Ok decided i should go to the doctors, so got an appointment this morning.

Great doctor but hard to see as always in demand, anyhow i explained all my symptoms he said if they was a bowel perf it would have defo shown on my xray and i would be seriously ill by now if so... He says the he thinks that when they took the biopsy on the right side that the bowel muscle has gone in to a spasm...

He gave me some tablets called dicycloverine hydrochloride that get the bowel out of the spasm and relax the muscle... Said that its used for colic and ibs... Hope this stuff works and atleast my mind is at ease a little. He said its a shame because normally people get scopes dones they have no problems...

Trust me eh!!!

nomorepanic
08-08-11, 16:45
Glad you are ok Trev and got some medication for it now.

Trevstan
08-08-11, 18:28
Yeah i have faith in this doc so all being well these meds will start working soon then i can get on with my life after worrying i had 'c' after i got the all clear with my scope i have not had the chanve to celebrate and relax!

Trevstan
10-08-11, 15:42
Still got these pains, tablets are not working really and i feel like a walking zombie they seem to zonk me out.

I wonder if my Anxiety is causing the pains?

Driving me nuts :(!