PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Myself

cazzie
06-05-06, 11:27
Hi

Have already introduce myself on the social anxiety group but thought i'd do it here too.

My name is Catherine and I'm 35 years old and from Nottingham. I have suffered from shyness for all off my life and now realised I've got to do something about it and stop hiding away.

I have been seeing a Hypotherpist for the past 5 weeks who has helped me talk about my problems and through this have learnt to stop dwelling on the past as you can't change it but can change your future.

Just the future scares me! I'm currently off work with depression and know I'm not going to go back to my old job but the thought off starting a new job, meeting people etc makes me sick.

But know the only way to get over this is get out there and face my fears.

But I am glad I have found this place, In the past I would never have been able to even post a message so this is my first step!

Thanks for reading

Catherine

May Day
06-05-06, 11:48
Hi Catherine

Lots of people are shy ... you might be surprised to find even the most out going people suffer from it but they hide it by putting on a brave front so that people don't suspect ... i've done this myself throughout my life, so i know only too well ... putting on that brave face can help you though as it means you get out and meet other people ... it's hard to do at first but if you learn to take small steps at a time you'll get there ... It sounds kind of crazy to say you're scared of the future, but i too suffer from this ... it looks empty and bleak when you feel isolated from those around you ... facing you fears is the best way to deal with them but that's not easy either ... you'll find lots of support from people hear if you need it

take care

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

Karen
06-05-06, 12:05
Hi Catherine

Welcome to the forum. I too have social phobia and have suffered for many years.

However, since joining this site and having some hypnotherapy I have made a lot of progress with this. So it is possible to improve and you have taken the very brave first steps.

You might like to have a read of the following post:

FEAR OF MESSAGES (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6303)

We are here for support.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

shiv
06-05-06, 15:19
Hi and welcome. You'll find plenty of comfort and understanding here.

Shiv x

Two heads
06-05-06, 16:53
Wellcome,You are not alone and never will be with this forum!Everybody seems to be very kind and helpful when you most need it.
xxxx

nomorepanic
06-05-06, 18:05
Hi Catherine

A warm welcome aboard and I hope that by being on here you can start to address and overcome some of your issues.

Nicola

Alexandra
06-05-06, 18:06
Hi Cazzie

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
06-05-06, 19:17
Hi Catherine,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

chucklehound
07-05-06, 06:59
Hi Catherine and welcome to NMP!:D

cazzie
07-05-06, 15:07
Thanks for all your kind messages and I appericate all the support.

I will get there and not let my fears rule me.

Catherine

Piglet
07-05-06, 16:35
A big welcome to the site :D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

KatiePie
08-05-06, 22:35
Hi Catherine and welcome!
I too took quite a bit of time of work a while back and wondered whether I'd ever be able to function normally again. I suffered mostly from severe anxiety. I've been taking medication for a couple of years and have been fine - I didn't think I would get well again, but I have. I'm reducing my tablets at the moment though - that's a bit scary!
Take care.
KatiePie