PDA

View Full Version : Anxious in the mornings!

florentin
07-08-11, 08:25
I've recently moved into a new house, pretty much on my own. Before I was living with my boyfriend. Every single morning since I've moved away from him (even though it's a mile down the road) I've woken up full of anxiety and it won't go away until about midday.

He's away for the month and I'm feeling a whole lot more anxious to the point that I can't eat, sleep or even do anything to distract me. If feel much better in the evenings.

Is there anything I can do to stop feeling so anxious in the morning?

Yorkman
07-08-11, 15:34
I'm sure it's just because he is away for the month. Can you phone him in the mornings at all for a chat?? It may help.

MiniatureDisasters
07-08-11, 22:15
Try and find something you'd be comfortable eating in the mornings. I know it's difficult, but some mornings when I haven't had anxiety but I also haven't eaten, the feeling of not having eaten is similar to how I feel when anxious.

Is there anything you can arrange to have to look forward to in the morning? A catch up with a friend, a nice relaxing bath, listening to some of your favourite music?

CH1970
09-08-11, 20:59
I feel for you. I wake up so anxious in the mornings, I can't get out of bed. It's worse if my wife is out and my children are at school. Problem is, lying in bed is the worse possible thing for my anxiety. A warm bath helps, but I normally find I don't start feeling calm until I've done some kind of exercise - walking or better still swimming.

Yorkman
09-08-11, 21:04
I find mornings really bad at the moment too. As ch1970 says, I also struggle to get out of bed. This morning i took my partner to work, then I went home and went back to bed because I felt that down and low.
I know I need to do things!!! I really do. It's just hard when your so low. I've been on citalopram for 7 days now. I really hope I see an improvement soon.
I am back at work tomorrow so I need to be up early. The thing is i HATE !!! My job and it's the reason I am like this now. I've been down with work for a year, but got really bad with it the last few weeks.

haynsey
09-08-11, 22:27
I am the same every morning for as long as i remember i wake up with anxiety, nothing i do seems to shrug the feelings, i wish i could give you a positive answer.....:flowers:

panicpanda
09-08-11, 22:28
I feel for you, moving is soooooooooooo stressful! I have real bad morning anxiety too, especially lately. The only way I can cope is having the radio or music on and singing and stretching. Then have a shower with the radio in there, singing if I feel the panic creeping up on me. It's the last thing I feel like doing but it does help distract from the anxiety and nausea just enough to manage breakfast. And don't watch the news! Try to take the day as it comes and remember it will calm down eventually.

Hope you feel better soon x

haynsey
10-08-11, 14:46
Hi panicpanda,
It is comforting to know that there are other people out there that have the same probs in the morning, i wish i could find a magic answer for everyone...i will try changing my yoga to mornings rather than evenings....:)

Evie1976
24-10-11, 21:53
Glad to know I'm not the only one out there with anxiey issues in the mornings. My anxiey has gone crazy over the past couple of months since a bou of gasric flu. Basically I woke up one morning feeling sick and retching - being sick is a major phobia of mine. I wasn't sick then but had gastric flu for about a week and now my anxiety is awful in the mornings and I feel really nauseous, my stomach churning after about 5 mins of being awake - if I've something to do like go to work I have to take a diazepam because I keep thinking I'm going to be sick everywhere. Am back rying my CBT techiniques and some mindfulness meditation but just hope it works - so tempted to go back to docs and ask for tablets but I don't want to go there - I only just came off citalopram in May after being on it 2 years - nightmare! Any advice or if anyone wants to chat :)

ellabell
29-10-11, 23:57
Hi Evie, that sounds all to familiar, mornings are by far the worst like you say after about 5 mins of being awake then it kicks in and is with me until the afternoon when sometimes it goes away and sometimes not. I have been prescribed sertraline which I have taken for 5 weeks now, the 4th week was a good one but this ones been terrible again feel like im back to the start. Iv'e come on here in the hope theres someone I can talk to that maybe actually understands, Ive got great friends and family but no one really gets it. When I feel anxious I feel like im loosing the plot, seriously, when im ok I know its just irrational thinking but this doesnt seem to help during the bad times,
be good to chat with anyone that understands x

weevil
30-10-11, 16:08
Mornings have always been my worst, that or anytime after sleeping. I used to stay up all night and feel better the next day for it, sleeping often ruins any good mood that develops. Only thing I can suggest is finding something you enjoy or that you tend to find more relaxing to do in the mornings. Do you always feel this bad or is it while your boyfriend's away?