PDA

View Full Version : Mole...

Nicole01
07-08-11, 12:49
Hi All,

Looking for some advice if i may...

I have a mole under my chin - fairly small, a couple of mm in diameter - with a little hair coming out of it (very attractive at 25!).

A couple of days ago i noticed that it felt a bit sore and after taking a closer look, saw that I had a little zit on/next to it which of course, I kept looking at and probing. Now the mole hurts and when i got out the shower, it was bleeding a bit.

So of course, now I'm convinced I've given myself skin cancer. I'm seeing the doctor about something else on Friday so will mention it but wondered whether anyone had experienced something similar to keep my mind at ease in the mean time...

(I've never used a sun bed in my life fyi!)

Nx

Gemma T
07-08-11, 13:50
the sign of a healthy mole is hair growing out of it. The spot you described is just a spot. They are not selective in where they occur. stop irratating it.

A few years ago i was shaving my leg and cut a mole. its back to normal and i have had no problems

Im no doctor so do speak to him but im sure its nothing to worry about x x x

countrygirl
07-08-11, 21:33
Agree with Gemma - I had it from the horses mouth a consultant dermatologist who said that any blemish or mole with a hair growing out of it cannot be cancerous as the cancer destroys the hair follicles so no hairs.

I have many times got a zit right next to a mole and then worried that the mole had grown until my husband can see it and say its a spot.