PDA

View Full Version : Feeling paranoid. Can anyone help please?

Natalie x
07-08-11, 15:19
Hi. This is something that has just recently sprung on me. Lately I seem to be really worried after I speak to someone incase what ihave said sounds silly or what they will think of me or worrying if I have done something and not remembered. Last night I was on a night out with a few friends and my Mum picked me and my other friend up afterwards. The drink seemed to hit me just as I stepped outside and felt drunker than I was. I then kept analysing what I had said to her in the car when I got home incase I had said something cheeky or something I shouldn't have, but I keep thinking that my Mum would've said to me if I was. I then begin to get really paranoid and worry. I keep thinking about when I was out as well and if I was coming across as quiet or what everyone was thinking of me or my close friend in particular. Has anyone ever experienced this? Also when I'm at work. I keep checking things and then checking them again and doubting everything I do. Is this just a form of anxiety? Thanks x

Stina
07-08-11, 15:39
Hello, your not alone there I feel like this often. I constantly worry what people think about things I say and do. I do believe for me this is anxiety related, although you will find most people feel this way after a drink or a night out. People I've spoken to seem to agree they dread the next day incase they said or done anything stupid. I would talk to your close friend as I don't think if she is a good friend she would judge you in any way. My closest friend has been through it all with me and I'm always as honest as I can be about my issues no matter how embarrassing. Chin up and just keep being you. Not sure if this helps but your not alone there :)

Silky
07-08-11, 15:47
I don't think that is paranoia, just sounds like what most people do. You had a drink and you got a bit reflective.

Drinking can have this effect on people, it makes you lose inhibitions and therefore you act out of the norm. You were in limbo, just on the brink of not caring but conscious of your actions.

With the drinking culture the way it is today (ooh listen to me, I am 36 and way past social drinking!) it is wise to reel yourself in and drink with caution. I have done so many stupid and dangerous things connected to drugs and drink fuelled nights that by rights I shouldn't be here or in the nick. Keep safe, look after your body, drink wisely and keep your dignity at the same time.

As for work, it sounds like you are very young and want to do the best you can. Checking things is pretty normal and you want things to be right. Nothing wrong with that.

Natalie x
07-08-11, 17:52
Thanks for your replies guys. I am trying my hardest not to think about it but I wasn't legless so I would've known if I said something. Plus everything was okay with my friend when we left so I'm hipefully just being paranoid. Plus if I thought I had said something silly or wrong when we were out, I probably would've worried about it at the time. My friend isn't the type of person to judge - I'm probably just letting my mind go into overdrive as I haven't been out on a social night out in ages! As for work, I am only 19 and I just want to do the best job I can to succeed. Damn, I wish i didn't need to think about things so much. Constantly analysing everything x