PDA

View Full Version : Does the weather affect you?

debs71
07-08-11, 19:07
Hi Friends,

I apologise if this has been discussed before on the forum...I couldn't find anything so I took a chance....

I know that SAD disorder is a recognised condition but I was just curious as to how many of us are affected by the weather in terms of an increase in our symptoms of anxiety/depression?

I was wondering as today here in London the weather has been appalling and I have felt very,very low and I notice that when the sun is shining I always feel so much better, like my spirits are lifted. I also feel much more like getting out and doing stuff, more motivated, etc.

I would be so interested to hear your thoughts on this....:yesyes:

Anxious_gal
07-08-11, 19:45
People with migraines are said to suffer when theres changed in air pressure,
I get headaches just before a thunder storm ,
Animals know when bad weather is coming, been documented and all that.

Winter makes me more anxious and the dark mornings feel depressing.

PanchoGoz
07-08-11, 19:58
Definately! My worst weather for anxiety is mizzly foggy days and the wind sets me off as well. Perfect, long lasting sunshine just makes life seem so much different though. I thought it must be the exposure to all the different colours when its sunny that makes me happy, and the more grey colours of grey days sends in negetive feelings if that makes sense.

baileys
07-08-11, 20:12
It is crap weather today in London for us isn't it.
I think that even if we feel depressed we make more of an effort to enjoy the day if the sun is shining. Looking better for us for a few days though.X

lauraebowes
07-08-11, 21:04
i was thinking exactly the same thing i went to turkey last week before i went i was a mess obviously because i was going away but 2 days into my holiday i was so relaxed in the sun had no worries i never had one anxiety attack or any horrible thoughts as soon as i got home 1 day later im back to normal!! maybe we all should emigrate lol x

Lizziesaurus
08-08-11, 12:21
See, I'm the opposite way around! I'm like Eeyore off winnie the pooh, love rain/storms generally miserable weather!
I do enjoy sunny days, and don't get me wrong I love a good holiday in paradise with the sun blazing however sometimes I find myself feeling down when it's sunny then end up feeling worse because I don't feel up to enjoying it!

uk23
08-08-11, 19:37
Generally, during hot and sunny weather I feel much more anxious and during colder weather I feel relaxed.

evil monkey
08-08-11, 19:46
I think Lizzie put it quite well. I like good weather if i can enjoy it.

Actually um. ere we go. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13546925. They've given it a complicated name which doesn't do it any favours. Basically I think they means "it's a bit naff if everyone else is down the beach and you're not".

RafflesGeorgiou
08-08-11, 19:49
I'm from Cyprus so the only weather that effects my anxiety is if it's over 43degrees!! Don't think I'd survive if weather effected anxiety for me xXx Raf xXx