PDA

View Full Version : Fat & ugly :(

haziefantasie
07-08-11, 20:46
Hi everyone

Basically since I started taking antidepressants 9 months ago Ive put on over a stone in weight, & it keeps going up. I kept thinking that when I felt better Id go on a diet & go back to the gym, but I just cant do it :weep:

I joined a gym last week & have been 3 times, but dont seem to be able to get into it. Whereas before I usually did an hours cardio & enjoyed it now I can only do 30 mins max & its a total nightmare. I get so hot, pour with sweat & go so red I look purple. I also keep struggling to catch my breath & go dizzy so have to keep stopping every few mins. I really wanted to do a class like spinning but I think Id collapse, I feel like a complete failure.

Ive thought about trying to diet but I just dont feel able to do that either. I keep eating cheese & cakes all the time & dont feel able to stop. Im also drinking a can or 2 of cider most nights which doesnt exactly help.

This is all starting to get me down again, & I dont know what to do. I managed to lose 4 & a half stone a few years ago so I know how to do it, but I just cant. I feel so useless. I thought I was getting better but how can I be when I hate myself & my body so much? Sorry for the essay I just needed to offload x

Eva May
07-08-11, 21:14
Hi Hazie. It doesn't sound like your antidepressants are working, could you ask your GP to put you on something else? Also are they responsible for your weight gain or are they just not working at all and so your depressed and eating? Maybe try talking to your GP as your first step :)

terror-x
07-08-11, 21:52
youve done it once im sure you can do it again fight the good fight never fail make yourself belvie in yourself and you will brak through this

haziefantasie
07-08-11, 21:55
Hi Eva May

Thanks for your reply.

Ive already changed my medication twice - I was on mirtazapine at first which was when I put on most of the weight & then changed to fluoxetine which didnt help me at all. Ive now been on 20mg citalopram for 5 weeks which seems to be helping with my anxiety & depression but am thinking maybe the dose needs increasing. Am so fed up of worrying all the time, as soon as one worry goes away something else starts off. I hate this so much :weep:

haziefantasie
07-08-11, 21:59
Thanks Terror for your advice too x

sleepy1
08-08-11, 00:37
omg, i'm on citalopram too, for 4 week, coming into 5 I think now, and I seem to eat everything in sight! Week 1 I had to be force fed near enough as it made me so ill I couldn't eat much, but now I seem to eat lots and often!!

And takeaways seem a more regular occurance. Its fine for my husband as he's skinny!

I know I've gained weight too. And I'm noticing lots of broken veins all over me that weren't there before. Probably due to lack of circulation from having no energy to do anything.

Well, at least winter is coming up soon, we can all hide under warm baggy jumpers and keep warm while the skinny girls shivver!

haziefantasie
08-08-11, 18:48
Thanks sleepy1 for making me smile! I guess having extra insulation does have its advantages lol.

Im the same as you with eating - when I was really ill I couldnt eat a thing but now Im back to how I was before ie eating everything in sight. I know Im not huge (am now a size 16) but Im petrified of going back to the size I was before I lost weight previously. Then again Id rather be fat than as anxious & depressed as I was before. Its just gonna take time to accept it I guess x

ElizabethJane
08-08-11, 19:04
Hi Haz I have put weight on with mirtazapine too and at the moment I am heavier than I would like. I have done www. in the past and found it to be really helpful. I didn't think that I would be able to lose weight but I did. If you eat less and healthily and exercise you will lose weight. EJ.

evil monkey
08-08-11, 19:11
inbox'd you

Cooper
27-09-11, 06:29
Hi Hazie.
How are you.
I think you should not use or change any pills.
You should do any exercise because exercise is the
thing which you could loss your weight and looking very
smart and control your fat.