PDA

View Full Version : need urgent reassurance

JulieJay92
08-08-11, 14:29
in the last 20 mins i have had a sudden onset of these feelings

tightness round my ribs,
shooting pain in my fingers (left hand)
tingling sensation & pain in face (left side mainly)
Nausea
Dirrohea
Feeling like someone is standing on my shoulders

My English speaking Dr is on holiday an wondered should i rush myself to A&E or is it simply a severe panic attack?

Pulse is 74

terror-x
08-08-11, 14:46
im not sure on some of my panic attacks i have had the nausea pain in the fingers tighhtness around the ribs and the tingling sensation on the face but not any of the others. it could just be the anxiety but why not try ringing the NHS just to be sure

Rain
08-08-11, 15:07
While I appreciate that you are hoping someone will tell you everything is alright it does not make sense to seek a diagnosis for physical pain over the internet on an anxiety site. We are not doctors. Even if we were we could not say for sure, without seeing you in person, what your symptoms amount to. If you feel worried and ill you should be seen by a doctor. Please believe I do not mean to sound harsh, but we are getting an awful lot of posts like these on No More Panic where people are seeking a categorical yes or no answer to worrying physical symptoms. It really worries me when people (meaning to be helpful and reassuring) state that it is only panic people are experiencing. The only person who can actually say that for sure is a doctor.

nomorepanic
08-08-11, 15:20
Hi

I have to agree with Rain on this one.

It is best to get it checked out to be honest.

JulieJay92
08-08-11, 16:22
thanks all

i was only wondering as i live in spain and find the lingo very difficult and the 1 english doc is on holiday

i did lie down for an hour an its not as bad - took 2mg diazapem and ibroprofen and just have the pain in the middle of my breast - bone

hubby is now home and he said its my anxiety attacks most likely as i havent had one is a while

jules11
08-08-11, 17:24
phone NHS direct - see what they say x good luck x

JulieJay92
08-08-11, 17:50
unfortunately i cannot get through to nhs direct from my phone abroad and my old doc in the uk wont return a call as im now abroad

JulieJay92
08-08-11, 19:29
still cant get through and even went to a local payphone - must accept the number abroad :( :(

JulieJay92
09-08-11, 00:41
well im still alive and kicking (although chronic stomach pains and lower back pain now too) but not much better than earlier especially after using google :(

pulse 59

BP 150/92

fuzzy head
09-08-11, 23:25
I know quite well how you felt. I lived in Spain and had pains down my left side and numbness/pins and needles in my fingers after my mother died. I was in Spain too and could not explain properly my symptoms in spanish. It turned out to be extreme anxiety and stress. At the time I was worried about myself and thought the worse (that was 18 months ago). No harm in checking things out with the doc (hopefully you have a SIP card, otherwise you may have to pay).
Good luck and hope it's not too hot right now!

macc noodle
09-08-11, 23:42
Hi LeiaJulie

Hope that by now you are feeling a bit better and that the symptoms have eased/passed.

I remember so well your posts earlier this year when you were suffering from panic problems which you say have eased somewhat.

It could well be a really bad panic attack but only you can differentiate between the panic and possible real physical illness - as you are the one feeling it.

Having sufferd PAs quite badly, I know that you can get a range of symptoms - some very unpleasant and I can nod and agree with the list you have given as having had them at some time or other during attacks BUT I am not a doctor and although my inclination would be to say that it is most likely panic I would most definitely also say - seek medical advice and have your mind put at rest.

And, finally, stop taking your BP and pulse. Leave that to the experts.

Take care hon,

love

Macc Noodle

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS with you all the way and wish you luck xx

JulieJay92
12-08-11, 08:35
thanks as always mac noodle

i had started back on nexium as has my hubby and we googled side effects and were shocked to see the list :O

Stopped them last night so will c if that makes any difference

JulieJay92
14-08-11, 03:06
UPDATE

Saw dr yesterday and he wants me to take BP 3 times daily for 2 weeks :O

Not amused as this freaks me out but he wasnt in the slightest bit worried when i told him my symptoms (not sure if the language barrier made him not understand fully)

He did my BP 1st time 134/88 then 172/108 :O

what the @@@@ do i do now as taking my BP makes me worse

macc noodle
14-08-11, 10:42
Well, if this is any comfort to you .................

Whenever I go to docs, my BP all over place : doc nearly fell off her chair last time she took mine (with laughter I hasten to add) was 200/120 then 130/70 and so she gave up ........................ worst "white coat syndrome" ever seen she said!

and so she said just to take a few readings at home (my parents have a calibrated monitor for my dad's heart condition) just to make sure all ok - it was i was within tolerances.

So girl, you just need to relax and remember all the way back to your other posts on here and see that you ain't dead yet and you are truly having a horrible time with your anxiety again - not going to say that is all because i know how horrible it is ....

Deep breath ...................... and take care

Macc Noodle

xxxx

JulieJay92
14-08-11, 10:55
thanks macc

i did mine last night 172/104 and 152/92 today so its still all over the eplace - im trying to carry on as normal but couldnt even sleep due to anxiety etc and then to top it all dreamt about blood pressure lol