PDA

View Full Version : I want to be ME again!!!!

sandy40
08-08-11, 16:13
Its now over a year since my HA started and i want it to stop,i want to be back to the old me,where the hell did she go? My heart/chest is still sore,and ive had enough,went to my gp today he said its STRESS,after 4 ecgs and bloods done in the last few weeks all ok,i dont believe all is fine,why dont i believe them?

kah
08-08-11, 16:23
Hey Sandy,

I get where you're coming from completely! I feel like my life has been taken over and no matter how hard I try I can't get it back :weep:.

It's very easy for your GP and other people to say you've had many tests and they're all fine so therefore you're fine but when you have HA it just doesn't sink in and all rationality goes out of the window (is rationality even a word :blush:!!!!).

I read that you're trying hypnotherapy soon, I really hope it works for you, keep us posted with how it goes. Big hugs hun

Kerri-anne xxx

snowgoose
08-08-11, 16:28
hello Sandy:hugs:

stark truth is you HAVE to believe the doctors . write down all the investigations you have had and use your rational side of your brain .......keep reading the results Sandy ...write them down actually cos that helps to reinforce the message .......keep writing them down :hugs:...........no one in todays health service would miss your symptoms every time honest xxxx

I know what you mean ..........you want the old Sandy back xx..........she is still there ...and you will recover :flowers:
but you must just let go of this fear .........let the control go eh? ...trust your docs .
easy I know to say .xxx

sandy40
08-08-11, 16:35
Thanks Kah and hi Snowgoose,i thought you had left us,hope you are ok.Ive had just about every test going,but nope it means nothing to me as i dont believe it,can you believe i now know ive not got cancer or at least cancer doesnt ever enter my head now!!!! its my heart thats taken over,ive had bloods/ecgs/chest xray in the last fornight and im still worried about it as im getting tightness/soreness/pressure and "funny beats"...yip Kah im booked in to see the hypnotherapist guy on the 26th..any cancelations and hes phoning me as i need help NOW,i need something.xx

SH2727
08-08-11, 16:43
Hi Sandy,

I feel exactly the same as you. I have had my HA for 20 years now!! It started mildly and has reached fever pitch now! It's worse than it ever has been right now and I am sooooo OVER it! I have tried everything and just get rid of it. Good luck with the hypnotherapy, I am waiting for an appointment with a shrink as I am the end of my tether and hope he will be able to help!!

Take care. x

sandy40
08-08-11, 16:50
20 years wow,what shame,thats hell.Why do we do it to ourselves? even sitting in the drs waiting room today i was a wreck,i pass people in the street and wish i was "normal" like them,instead im scared to walk fast incase i damage my heart.My gp said today i was a healthy 41 year old and i said i really want to believe you but cant.x

s11fyx
08-08-11, 16:56
im exactlt the same as you about my heart and fears but im 20 years younger so people think im mad having these panics im having cbt and its really helping my thearpist is fab have you tryed cbt? also have you tryed deep relaxation?

sandy40
08-08-11, 17:19
I did CBT but it didnt help at all,i just thought,yeah yeah but what if.Ive a relaxation cd but my fears are too strong it doesnt help..im a bloody mess.x

SH2727
08-08-11, 18:07
Hi Sandy, yeah 20 years is horrible. My GP said exactly the same to me the other day. I have just turned 40 and he said I was a very healthy 40 year old. I am convinced he has missed something and that I am dying all the time. I too walk past people in the street and look at friends and family and wish I was like them. My husband is so laid back with illnesses and said he will only worry if he knew he really did have something seriously wrong!! Oh how I wish I was like that! I've tried CBT and I am afraid I have tried hypnotherapy and nothing works! I am starting to think I need to go the medication route, I'd do anything to stop this! x

s11fyx
08-08-11, 19:56
the things is you have to belive it will help the relaxation is not about fixing your fears its about just relaxing you body giving you a break from worrying you have to learn to switch your mind of it doesnt just happen. cbt will never work if you think yeh but you have to be reasy to change the way you think or the rest of your life will be trapped by helath anixety. i know how hard it is ive been like this for 6 years but this year ive cracked the relaxation and now its like 2nd nature